MBA in Germany

jt161091
Hey everyone!

GMAT - 640
Experience - 6 yrs in oil & gas and chemicals (including 2 yrs of international work-ex)

Chances in Frankfurt, ESMT, WHU, Mannheim.(far-fetched i know), ESCP, TUM, HHL ?
What would be your order of preference?
Hey everyone!

GMAT - 640
Experience - 6 yrs in oil & gas and chemicals (including 2 yrs of international work-ex)

Chances in Frankfurt, ESMT, WHU, Mannheim.(far-fetched i know), ESCP, TUM, HHL ?
What would be your order of preference?
Duncan
This would depend on your goals and language skills.
This would depend on your goals and language skills.
jt161091
My goal is to be a strategic leader and manage technology, innovation and related investments. So basically a strategic manager in manufacturing/tech sector.

I still have some time to learn German before I start one of these courses next. And I would start doing it as soon as I get an admit (if)...
My goal is to be a strategic leader and manage technology, innovation and related investments. So basically a strategic manager in manufacturing/tech sector.

I still have some time to learn German before I start one of these courses next. And I would start doing it as soon as I get an admit (if)...
Duncan
Obviously one cannot learn German more than half way between now and the next start date of these degrees. And you won't improve your German while studying in English with other foreigners.

Maybe a one year DSH course followed by an MSc taught in German? To lead people, you need to be able to speak to them.
Obviously one cannot learn German more than half way between now and the next start date of these degrees. And you won't improve your German while studying in English with other foreigners.

Maybe a one year DSH course followed by an MSc taught in German? To lead people, you need to be able to speak to them.
This depends on you, that what you want in life, what your goal and what is a command on your language?
This depends on you, that what you want in life, what your goal and what is a command on your language?
Ballairdm
Do you think I can get into ESMT with a 660 GMAT? I can speak basic German.
Do you think I can get into ESMT with a 660 GMAT? I can speak basic German.
Duncan
If you are on a par with their admitted candidates, then probably.
If you are on a par with their admitted candidates, then probably.
laurie
The average GMAT score there is 640, so assuming you are in the ballpark for the other factors, then a 660 is a good score. (That's assuming you have around 7 years of work experience, which is what the average there is at the moment).
The average GMAT score there is 640, so assuming you are in the ballpark for the other factors, then a 660 is a good score. (That's assuming you have around 7 years of work experience, which is what the average there is at the moment).
Ballairdm
6 years of work experience here.
6 years of work experience here.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Frankfurt am Main, Germany 91 Followers 53 Discussions
Full Profile
Berlin, Germany 128 Followers 134 Discussions
Düsseldorf, Germany 65 Followers 168 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 67 Followers 189 Discussions
Berlin, Germany 11 Followers 78 Discussions
Munich, Germany 6 Followers 21 Discussions
Leipzig, Germany 57 Followers 171 Discussions

Related Articles

The Future Looks Bright for MBA Programs in Germany

Apr 05, 2019

Surprisingly, the Eurozone’s largest economy underachieves in business education, with few schools ranked globally. But Germany’s booming job market and thriving entrepreneurship are luring overseas students

MBA Programs in Germany: A Gateway to Europe

May 20, 2013

How an emerging class of top German business schools is helping international students tap into the country's growing economy

More Articles

Related Top 10 Lists

More Top 10 Lists

Hot Discussions