MBA WHU vs Mannheim vs HHL

ms_kathi
Hi There,

I know that there are some outdated posts speaking about this scenario, so I am hoping to get a fresh take.

I have been accepted into HWR (Berlin) HHL (Leipzig) and am still in the interview process for WHU and Mannheim (with good odds to get into both). I've applied to ESMT but I don't think I'll hear back in time to include them in the decision process since they start later.

I speak English fluently and I'm at intermediate German with hopes of becoming fluent (or close to) by the end of my time in the program. I'm looking for employment opportunities within Real Estate Investment in Europe or US.

I want to know from an employment and network standpoint which of these universities is best for me to attend?

Can anyone give any feedback about how to make this tough decision? Also, should HWR still be considered as an option due to its affordability, or because it lacks a "weighted name" I shouldn't attend?

Thank you!

Kathi

[Edited by ms_kathi on Aug 08, 2018]

Hi There,

I know that there are some outdated posts speaking about this scenario, so I am hoping to get a fresh take.

I have been accepted into HWR (Berlin) HHL (Leipzig) and am still in the interview process for WHU and Mannheim (with good odds to get into both). I've applied to ESMT but I don't think I'll hear back in time to include them in the decision process since they start later.

I speak English fluently and I'm at intermediate German with hopes of becoming fluent (or close to) by the end of my time in the program. I'm looking for employment opportunities within Real Estate Investment in Europe or US.

I want to know from an employment and network standpoint which of these universities is best for me to attend?

Can anyone give any feedback about how to make this tough decision? Also, should HWR still be considered as an option due to its affordability, or because it lacks a "weighted name" I shouldn't attend?

Thank you!

Kathi
Duncan
I can't see any reason to consider HWR.

Where in Germany are the real estate investment firms concentrated? Generally, the money is in the West...
I can't see any reason to consider HWR.

Where in Germany are the real estate investment firms concentrated? Generally, the money is in the West...
laurie
Mannheim seems like a decent fit, WHU as well. I'm not sure that the Berlin schools would have many decent connections with real estate investment firms, but maybe ask them?

Are you also considering Frankfurt School?

Employment opportunities-wise, it's best to keep your options narrow (focus on Germany if you go to a German school.) Outside of a top-10 MBA—or just doing your MBA in the US—I'm not sure that it will be that easy for you to get a job in the US. A top UK school might open your options a bit.
Mannheim seems like a decent fit, WHU as well. I'm not sure that the Berlin schools would have many decent connections with real estate investment firms, but maybe ask them?

Are you also considering Frankfurt School?

Employment opportunities-wise, it's best to keep your options narrow (focus on Germany if you go to a German school.) Outside of a top-10 MBA—or just doing your MBA in the US—I'm not sure that it will be that easy for you to get a job in the US. A top UK school might open your options a bit.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Düsseldorf, Germany 57 Followers 153 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 59 Followers 181 Discussions
Leipzig, Germany 52 Followers 162 Discussions

Related Articles

MBA Programs in Germany: A Gateway to Europe

By M. Filtz on May 20, 2013

More Articles

Related Top 10 Lists

More Top 10 Lists

Hot Discussions