Last Friday I attended the MBA alumni refresher event at EDHEC, one of the five elite 'grande ecole' business schools in France (PS there's a 2015 ranking at http://board.find-mba.com/europe/2015-french-business-school-ranking-from-le-parisien-41631).
As an alum of the school I am able to recommend applicants for a guaranteed partial scholarship. If you'd like that, send me a private message explaining how far you meet their profile: http://www.edhec-mba.com/community/global-mba-participants/edhec-global-mba-participants-33766.kjsp?RH=Evaluateprofile
EDHEC runs a one year MBA in English with two start dates: September or January. Both groups are taught on the Nice campus and have a summer internship or project. Remarkably, 4 in 5 of the 2011 students found work in Europe (See the edhec global mba placement report 2012, available as a pdf), even though a minority of the students is European. They base this success on their CareerSMART programme (http://www.edhec-mba.com/career-services/careersmart-program/edhec-careersmart-program-125504.kjsp?RH=theseus05). The programme now has a dedicated careers manager for the MBA programme.
There are three career tracks, each of which involves an international session:
- Finance in at the EDHEC campus in London
- Global leadership at the EDHEC campus in Singapore
- Entrepreneurship, involving a tour of San Francisco and Silicon Valley (http://www.edhec-mba.com/news/mba-news/apple-microsoft-berkeley-sap-oracle-criteo-and-dailymotion-on-agenda-for-mba-entrepreneurs-in-silicon-valley-184617.kjsp?RH=CareerSmart&xtcr=3&xtmc=francisco)
- A new family business track at the EDHEC campus in Paris (http://www.edhec-mba.com/news/mba-news/new-family-business-track-launch-in-2013--155732.kjsp?RH=THESEUSMBA)
EDHEC is continuing to grow, and the MBA grows with it. Over the last few years the cohort has doubled in size to 75 people. The average GMAT score has risen from 565 to 620. It is now ranked 52nd worldwide, up from 76th, by The Economist.
I think it's certain to replace EMLyon as the number 4 French school (PS Accomplished in 2014). EDHEC is opening a third building on its expanding Nice campus, which will include a dedicated floor for the MBA programme's amphitheatres, work rooms and offices.
Some of the distinctive features are:
- Peer review of classmates' team-working skills
- Some unique courses, including philosophy and criminal risk management
- Support for learning French.
The EDHEC MBA looks like a good choice for someone considering a career in financial services, pharmaceuticals or manufacturing. If you're focussed on strategy consulting or top investment banks, then look at their specialist masters programmes at their campus in Lille, Nice, London and Singapore http://msc.edhec.edu/welcome/master-programmes-156181.kjsp?RH=SITEMSC
PS The MBA is online at http://www.edhec-mba.com
[Edited by Duncan on May 19, 2019]