HEC vs IE (or IESE)

Hello,

I'm holding admits for HEC Paris and the IE International MBA starting in January 2020.

I also have an application in for IESE but for September 2020 start.

I'm having a hard time deciding on HEC vs IE or waiting for IESE.

About me:

- From India with a technology background, currently working in south east Asia
- Speaking English and Spanish fluently and I am working on my French
- Want to transition to Europe working in technology or management consulting

Please help, your considerations would be valued.
Hello,

I'm holding admits for HEC Paris and the IE International MBA starting in January 2020.

I also have an application in for IESE but for September 2020 start.

I'm having a hard time deciding on HEC vs IE or waiting for IESE.

About me:

- From India with a technology background, currently working in south east Asia
- Speaking English and Spanish fluently and I am working on my French
- Want to transition to Europe working in technology or management consulting

Please help, your considerations would be valued.
Duncan
IESE, HEC and Esade are substantially better for international mobility, and for employment, than IE. IESE is worth the wait, but go to Esade is they don't admit you. Or take a semester full-time to perfect your French before starting at HEC.

[Edited by Duncan on Oct 29, 2019]

IESE, HEC and Esade are substantially better for international mobility, and for employment, than IE. IESE is worth the wait, but go to Esade is they don't admit you. Or take a semester full-time to perfect your French before starting at HEC.
Thanks, I didn't apply to ESADE but I will consider it.

But it sounds like in any case waiting until fall is probably a good option. I will see if I can defer my HEC admit.
Thanks, I didn't apply to ESADE but I will consider it.

But it sounds like in any case waiting until fall is probably a good option. I will see if I can defer my HEC admit.
Duncan
I think a lot of this comes down to where you are motivated to work. If it's Paris, go to France now and take an intensive language course before starting the MBA at HEC.
I think a lot of this comes down to where you are motivated to work. If it's Paris, go to France now and take an intensive language course before starting the MBA at HEC.
Duncan
Personally, in terms of the quality of the MBA experience, IESE is way better than HEC.
Personally, in terms of the quality of the MBA experience, IESE is way better than HEC.
mba hipste...
However, HEC is ranked better in terms of international mobility, at least by the FT.
However, HEC is ranked better in terms of international mobility, at least by the FT.
Thanks. It's a tough choice but I think I will delay until next fall and see what my options are then.
Thanks. It's a tough choice but I think I will delay until next fall and see what my options are then.
Duncan
If you can, visit the schools to sit in class and, in the case of HEC, understand how different the campus setting is.
If you can, visit the schools to sit in class and, in the case of HEC, understand how different the campus setting is.
laurie
For at least of few of the HEC students I've known, they have looked for housing in Paris after the first semester.
For at least of few of the HEC students I've known, they have looked for housing in Paris after the first semester.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 83 Followers 339 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 99 Followers 344 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 25 Followers 141 Discussions

Hot Discussions