EBS Vs Frankfurt school of finance MiM

Dear all,

I have been admitted into the MiM programmes of EBS and Frankfurt and am unable to decide objectively which one is better.

I love the program structure of Frankfurt school (the 3 day model) plus its proximity to the Frankfurt city. I am also aware that it is a well known University in Germany.

EBS also seems to enjoy a good reputation and it has good corporate contacts and better placement records.

In terms of reputation EBS seems to be better but their lack of accreditation due to scandals is a concern. Because I do not want my degree to become invalid if I am looking for a job in another country (in the distant future).

But I hear the MiM at Frankfurt has a sub-par placement record and since it has been only a year since it has been introduced it is too soon to tell and we have no ranking in place (though from inside contacts I hear their ranking will be good).

So which university should I opt for if my main criteria is brand value of the university and the job prospects later.

P. S: I also am much closer with the alumni of FS and hence have secured some valuable contacts in the Univeristy. Please tell me if this could be a criteria for choosing the school.
Dear all,

I have been admitted into the MiM programmes of EBS and Frankfurt and am unable to decide objectively which one is better.

I love the program structure of Frankfurt school (the 3 day model) plus its proximity to the Frankfurt city. I am also aware that it is a well known University in Germany.

EBS also seems to enjoy a good reputation and it has good corporate contacts and better placement records.

In terms of reputation EBS seems to be better but their lack of accreditation due to scandals is a concern. Because I do not want my degree to become invalid if I am looking for a job in another country (in the distant future).

But I hear the MiM at Frankfurt has a sub-par placement record and since it has been only a year since it has been introduced it is too soon to tell and we have no ranking in place (though from inside contacts I hear their ranking will be good).

So which university should I opt for if my main criteria is brand value of the university and the job prospects later.

P. S: I also am much closer with the alumni of FS and hence have secured some valuable contacts in the Univeristy. Please tell me if this could be a criteria for choosing the school.
Duncan
Assuming you speak fluent business German, I don't think that Frankfurt will be worse than EBS. EBS gets posher students. Frankfurt is a much more business-like school. Neither will have great brand equity abroad, but at least Frankfurt has accreditation.
Assuming you speak fluent business German, I don't think that Frankfurt will be worse than EBS. EBS gets posher students. Frankfurt is a much more business-like school. Neither will have great brand equity abroad, but at least Frankfurt has accreditation.
Thank you Duncan. So I might as well pick FS right?
Thank you Duncan. So I might as well pick FS right?
Duncan
I would pick it or a German language alternative.
I would pick it or a German language alternative.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Oestrich-Winkel, Germany 23 Followers 65 Discussions
Frankfurt am Main, Germany 94 Followers 55 Discussions

Other Related Content

Feb 12, 2020

QS to Hold MBA Application Events in Europe This Spring

News Feb 12, 2020

MBA Programs in Germany: A Gateway to Europe

Article May 20, 2013

How an emerging class of top German business schools is helping international students tap into the country's growing economy

Hot Discussions