MBA degree in Australia OR New Zealand

I would like to study in an international environment where English is the spoken language and where it's not too hard to get a visa. Which is better for these purposes, Australia or New Zealand?
I would like to study in an international environment where English is the spoken language and where it's not too hard to get a visa. Which is better for these purposes, Australia or New Zealand?
laurie
Depends on a lot of factors.

Are you talking about student visas? If so, I'm guessing they'll both have relatively straightforward visa procedures.

If you're talking about using the MBA to transition to one of these countries, that's a different story. You'll want to look at each in terms of whether you think it's possible to find work in your chosen field.

Australia is a far bigger place and has a bigger economy. However, post-MBA visas can't be had unless you've studied there for I think it's 16 months. That rules out 1-year MBAs. In New Zealand, you can typically secure a one-year work visa after the completion of an MBA.

The other part is what schools you're looking at. Australia has more schools that are globally well known, like AGSM and Melbourne Business School. New Zealand has few schools but some solid accredited schools like Otago and the University of Auckland.
Depends on a lot of factors.

Are you talking about student visas? If so, I'm guessing they'll both have relatively straightforward visa procedures.

If you're talking about using the MBA to transition to one of these countries, that's a different story. You'll want to look at each in terms of whether you think it's possible to find work in your chosen field.

Australia is a far bigger place and has a bigger economy. However, post-MBA visas can't be had unless you've studied there for I think it's 16 months. That rules out 1-year MBAs. In New Zealand, you can typically secure a one-year work visa after the completion of an MBA.

The other part is what schools you're looking at. Australia has more schools that are globally well known, like AGSM and Melbourne Business School. New Zealand has few schools but some solid accredited schools like Otago and the University of Auckland.
I am talking about transitioning to one of these countries after my MBA. My chosen field is hospitality. Which is better?
I am talking about transitioning to one of these countries after my MBA. My chosen field is hospitality. Which is better?
Duncan
Which has the more profitable hospitality industry?
Which has the more profitable hospitality industry?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Carlton, Australia 41 Followers 92 Discussions
Dunedin, New Zealand 30 Followers 27 Discussions
Auckland, New Zealand 21 Followers 20 Discussions

Related Articles

MBA Programs in Australia: Diversity and Great Job Opportunities Down Under

By Vanessa Ellingham on Jun 07, 2017

MBAs in New Zealand: Native English, Internationally Recognized Education & Jobs Aplenty

By Vanessa Ellingham on Apr 19, 2017

More Articles