For many MBA applicants, visiting business schools for info sessions and other events can be an essential part of the application process. At campus visits, you can see business schools that you are interested in, and maybe even attend classes and meet with school representatives.
Above all, campus visits can give you a real sense of what the MBA experience is like, beyond what you can find in marketing brochures. Many potential MBA applications also use info sessions to ask questions about admissions to see what qualities the business schools are looking for.
Many business schools also offer virtual online chats, where potential applicants from all over the world can talk to business school representatives and ask questions.
Here's a list of upcoming info sessions and campus visits at some business schools in the United Kingdom and Ireland:
Oxford - Saïd Business School
- MBA drop-in sessions (on demand) - set up an appointment to meet with Oxford's admissions team, who are generally available from Monday to Friday, between 10:00 and 16:00. You can also register to book a consultation spot, where you can ask questions about the Oxford MBA and about the admissions process.
University of Bath School of Management
- Individual 1-on-1 MBA meetings (by appointment) - learn about the Bath MBA programs or attend a masterclass.
London Business School
- MBA Q&A sessions (any Monday or Friday at 14.20) - talk to an admissions manager and an MBA student about the program and take a tour of the campus. Online info sessions are also available. No drop-in sessions are available on bank holidays.
- MBA information session (on-campus): August 19
Lancaster University Management School
- You can register for a one-on-one consultation, or meet with staff and current students on-campus. Online info sessions are also available.
Cranfield University School of Management
- Visit campus to learn more about Cranfield's MBA programs (dates not yet available)
Hult (London campus)
- Learn about the MBA from Hult by visiting the London campus. Tours generally given each Tuesday and Friday.
Warwick Business School
- Open event for masters programs in London (September 9) learn about the masters programs that Warwick delivers at its London location, including the school's EMBA program. Other events are scheduled for October 6 and November 4
Cass Business School
- Executive MBA Breakfast info session (August 5) - get up early to get some insight into Cass' EMBA program.
- MBA online information session (August 6) - register to learn about Cass' MBA program through a web chat.
- Meet MBA team members to learn more about the school's MBA program.
Nottingham University Business School
- MBA and EMBA taster event (September 5) - see what's it like to do an MBA at Nottingham through a mini-lecture.
Bradford University School of Management
- Online info sessions: Learn about the school's Executive MBA on August 5; the full-time MBA in the UK on August 18, or the school's online MBA on August 24.
Henley Business School
- MBA preview day (August 8)
Aston Business School
- MBA info sessions (on-campus) - dates not yet confirmed for 2015.
University of Glasgow - Adam Smith Business School
- Arrange a one-to-one visit to learn more about the school's MBA program.
Imperial College Business School
- Individual consultations with the MBA team are available by appointment.
Westminster Business School
- Postgraduate Information Evening (September 2)
Durham University Business School
- MBA virtual open event (August 10)
- MBA on-campus open event (August 25)
- Online info session for prospective postgraduates (August 27)
Birmingham Business School
- Learn more about the school's MBA open events here.
Sheffield University Management School
- Register to attend an MBA open evening (no dates currently listed)
- Watch this page to see when MBA info sessions are scheduled.
Leeds University Business School
- MBA open event (August 26)
- Independent visits also available
Cambridge Judge Business School
- MBA "Find Out Fridays" - chat online to learn more about the Cambridge MBA
- One-on-one meetings with MBA admissions (August 4, in London)
Aberdeen Business School - Robert Gordon University
- Postgraduate open event (August 27) - learn more about RGU's postgraduate programs, including the school's MBA and MBA in Oil and Gas
- Upcoming MBA info sessions include one in London on August 20, one in Manchester on August 27, and an online info session on September 16.