Keen to narrow down your choice of MBA schools? There’s a valuable new ranking tool at your fingertips.
LinkedIn recently debuted its inaugural ranking of MBA programs at US-based business schools, capitalizing on the platform’s exclusive data from its billion-strong user base.
While well-established MBA rankings from publications such as the Financial Times, Bloomberg, and US News take into account broader criteria such as faculty and research quality and alumni questionnaires, the LinkedIn list closely scrutinizes the career outcomes of MBA alumni, including job placement rates, advancement to senior-level positions, and network strength.
The resulting Top 15 may surprise you:
- Harvard Business School
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- MIT Sloan School of Management
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
- Yale School of Management
- Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
- Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
- Columbia Business School
- Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
- Anderson School of Management, University of California, Los Angeles
- SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University
- Goizueta Business School, Emory University
To create the 2023 list, LinkedIn’s data science team aggregated and evaluated data on users who graduated from a US- based MBA program between 2018 to 2022. The team looked at job placement rates, the number of InMail messages received from recruiters, and the percentage of alumni who listed post-MBA C-suite experience or entrepreneurial experience on their LinkedIn profiles.
For more tips on how LinkedIn can boost your pre- and post-MBA career journey, visit one of the most popular threads on the FIND MBA Discussion Board: How to use LinkedIn to find the best school. In this post, top user Duncan Chapple explains how targeted LinkedIn searches can narrow down the best business school for your specific career goals.
For the full list of LinkedIn’s Top 50 MBA Programs in 2023, click here.