Oxbridge MBA

Hello everybody, I am hoping for some expert opinion to help me make my decision.

I am a European national who wants to transition into consulting (MBB preferably.)

Unfortunately I was rejected by both Insead and LBS.

Instead, Oxford and Cambridge are on the table. I have looked at LinkedIn and it seems like Cambridge has more alumni working in consulting in the UK than Oxford. Although both have a lot less than LBS. Cambridge is also doing better in the FT rankings.

So I am preferring Cambridge at this point. Are there any alternative views for Oxford? I am no longer considering any other schools.

Hello everybody, I am hoping for some expert opinion to help me make my decision.

I am a European national who wants to transition into consulting (MBB preferably.)

Unfortunately I was rejected by both Insead and LBS.

Instead, Oxford and Cambridge are on the table. I have looked at LinkedIn and it seems like Cambridge has more alumni working in consulting in the UK than Oxford. Although both have a lot less than LBS. Cambridge is also doing better in the FT rankings.

So I am preferring Cambridge at this point. Are there any alternative views for Oxford? I am no longer considering any other schools.
Duncan

If you were American, then Oxford has more brand equity there. I would certainly take Cambridge.

If you were American, then Oxford has more brand equity there. I would certainly take Cambridge.
mba hipste...

You also might want to expand your target firms beyond just the MBB firms.

Why? I'm already connecting with Oxbridge alumni at these firms. Do you think it's not possible to get a job in MBB with an Oxbridge MBA?

[quote]You also might want to expand your target firms beyond just the MBB firms.[/quote]
Why? I'm already connecting with Oxbridge alumni at these firms. Do you think it's not possible to get a job in MBB with an Oxbridge MBA?
Duncan

Because most Oxbridge people who want to work at MBB don't.

Because most Oxbridge people who want to work at MBB don't.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Oxford, United Kingdom 61 Followers 246 Discussions
Cambridge, United Kingdom 42 Followers 255 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 27, 2019

QS Hosting World MBA Tour Events in Europe

News Sep 27, 2019

MBA School Choice: Oxford Saïd Vs. Cambridge Judge

Article Nov 12, 2018

Both are embedded in famous and prestigious universities, but admissions, culture and career outcomes differ

Top 10 MBA Programs in the United Kingdom (UK)

Top List

The UK offers a range of great MBA programs. These are the top 10 MBA programs in the United Kingdom.

Hot Discussions