MBA from UK

Sandyyy
Hi

I’m Sandeep. I’m interested in doing my MBA from the UK. My profile is as follows:
- 7 years 10 months experience in IT
- Working as a Solutions Architect in Pre-sales with DXC Technology (formed by merger of CSC & HPE)
- Working on Cloud Projects
- Have done AWS, ITIL and IBM AIX certifications
- GMAT- 640
- I have learned German and Spanish

- Non-profit experience: I have been an active member of a committee that runs a local girls school and have been a part of volunteering work for years.

- I also happen to have some experience in Marketing as I have done some projects (unpaid, freelance basis) in a startup that focuses on marketing and brand management.

I will be applying for 2019 intake.

So far my options are :

Alliance Manchester Business School (my top priority)
Imperial College Business School
Edinburgh University Business School

I’m confused at the moment and disappointed too as I can’t apply to the some other good business schools because of my low GMAT. I can’t retake it as I got 640 in my fourth attempt.
Please help!

Thanks

[Edited by Sandyyy on Jul 08, 2018]

Hi

I’m Sandeep. I’m interested in doing my MBA from the UK. My profile is as follows:
- 7 years 10 months experience in IT
- Working as a Solutions Architect in Pre-sales with DXC Technology (formed by merger of CSC & HPE)
- Working on Cloud Projects
- Have done AWS, ITIL and IBM AIX certifications
- GMAT- 640
- I have learned German and Spanish

- Non-profit experience: I have been an active member of a committee that runs a local girls school and have been a part of volunteering work for years.

- I also happen to have some experience in Marketing as I have done some projects (unpaid, freelance basis) in a startup that focuses on marketing and brand management.

I will be applying for 2019 intake.

So far my options are :

Alliance Manchester Business School (my top priority)
Imperial College Business School
Edinburgh University Business School

I’m confused at the moment and disappointed too as I can’t apply to the some other good business schools because of my low GMAT. I can’t retake it as I got 640 in my fourth attempt.
Please help!

Thanks
Duncan
These are three good options and you have them ranked correctly.
These are three good options and you have them ranked correctly.
Sandyyy
Hi Duncan

Thanks for your input.

With my profile that I have mentioned above, what do you think are my chances of getting a call from any of them ?

Thanks
Hi Duncan

Thanks for your input.

With my profile that I have mentioned above, what do you think are my chances of getting a call from any of them ?

Thanks
Duncan
Your GMAT is around the average for those schools, and your length work experience helps. You are part of a large group of Indian men in IT who are over-represented in the applicant pool, so it's hard. In particular Edinburgh will want to see leadership experience, not just work experience. You will be a stronger candidate if you apply early. Maybe consider Bath, Durham or Lancaster as alternatives.
Your GMAT is around the average for those schools, and your length work experience helps. You are part of a large group of Indian men in IT who are over-represented in the applicant pool, so it's hard. In particular Edinburgh will want to see leadership experience, not just work experience. You will be a stronger candidate if you apply early. Maybe consider Bath, Durham or Lancaster as alternatives.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Manchester, United Kingdom 50 Followers 435 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 80 Followers 293 Discussions
Edinburgh, United Kingdom 17 Followers 184 Discussions

Related Articles

Beyond London: MBA Programs in England

By M. Filtz on Jun 08, 2012

More Articles