Best MBAs for international students' placement

Duncan
Business School Lausanne is not a university, so I suggest you avoid that totally.

UoB is okay, but without fluent Catalan and Spanish you will find it very hard to find work there. Since you are from South East Asia, I think that can be excluded.

Birmingham is much much better as a school than Aston (although Aston is certainly good, and better than UoB), and the two year programme gives you many more opportunities to do internships and projects, to improve your soft skills and management skills, and to network your way into a job.
Business School Lausanne is not a university, so I suggest you avoid that totally.

UoB is okay, but without fluent Catalan and Spanish you will find it very hard to find work there. Since you are from South East Asia, I think that can be excluded.

Birmingham is much much better as a school than Aston (although Aston is certainly good, and better than UoB), and the two year programme gives you many more opportunities to do internships and projects, to improve your soft skills and management skills, and to network your way into a job.
Dear Duncan

I am a military veteran (India) with 12 years of Technical (Military) experience and 1+ year of corporate experience. I have got admits from Cranfield (FT MBA) , Ryerson (both FT MBA and MTI), Schulich (Waitlist). I am looking for specialization in Operations/ Supply chain as it aligns with my previous work experience.
Cranfield: Scholarship (GBP 14000)+ 13 months course. Ranks 7th in Supply chain domain worldwide (2013 Report). But due to strict Visa rules It will be difficult to find a suitable job post MBA. Uncertain scenario due to BREXIT.
Ryerson 22 months+No Scholarship. Visa rules are lenient as compared to UK. I may opt for PR there. Job hunting will not be as difficult as in UK.

There is no employment report available for these schools.

Please help me decide which B School to choose. Kindly advice if I should be applying to any other school.

Regards
Dear Duncan

I am a military veteran (India) with 12 years of Technical (Military) experience and 1+ year of corporate experience. I have got admits from Cranfield (FT MBA) , Ryerson (both FT MBA and MTI), Schulich (Waitlist). I am looking for specialization in Operations/ Supply chain as it aligns with my previous work experience.
Cranfield: Scholarship (GBP 14000)+ 13 months course. Ranks 7th in Supply chain domain worldwide (2013 Report). But due to strict Visa rules It will be difficult to find a suitable job post MBA. Uncertain scenario due to BREXIT.
Ryerson 22 months+No Scholarship. Visa rules are lenient as compared to UK. I may opt for PR there. Job hunting will not be as difficult as in UK.

There is no employment report available for these schools.

Please help me decide which B School to choose. Kindly advice if I should be applying to any other school.

Regards
Duncan
I suggest people reply on the other thread where you have asked the same question .
I suggest people reply on the other thread where you have asked the same question .
Duncan
I've updated this post with the 2019 FT ranking data.

PS As a Brit, it's nice to see two of our ancient universities, Oxford and Edinburgh, getting into the top 20 this year despite the growing concerns over Brexit. Next year's data might show a different outcome, sadly.

[Edited by Duncan on Mar 16, 2019]

I've updated this post with the 2019 FT ranking data.

PS As a Brit, it's nice to see two of our ancient universities, Oxford and Edinburgh, getting into the top 20 this year despite the growing concerns over Brexit. Next year's data might show a different outcome, sadly.
mba hipste...
This is a really valuable resource, Duncan, thanks for keeping it up to date! It's good to see that a couple of German schools are in there, WHU seems to be a good value for those seeking international mobility.

HEC Paris is ranked #3 for international mobility in the FT, did it get cut because of poor career services?

Also, it's not exactly surprising but there are still no US schools here....
This is a really valuable resource, Duncan, thanks for keeping it up to date! It's good to see that a couple of German schools are in there, WHU seems to be a good value for those seeking international mobility.

HEC Paris is ranked #3 for international mobility in the FT, did it get cut because of poor career services?

Also, it's not exactly surprising but there are still no US schools here....
Duncan
Yes, HEC is ranked 87th out of the 100 FT schools for its career service. Among European schools, Mannheim, IE and Grenoble did even worse. Generally, the mainland European schools do poorly and I think that might be simply about the shortage of roles for MBAs who don't speak the local language. That's not much of an issue for US or UK schools, or those serving international recruiters like Insead or IMD. Indeed, it would be fascinating to discover how WHU is able to get such a good score on that.
Yes, HEC is ranked 87th out of the 100 FT schools for its career service. Among European schools, Mannheim, IE and Grenoble did even worse. Generally, the mainland European schools do poorly and I think that might be simply about the shortage of roles for MBAs who don't speak the local language. That's not much of an issue for US or UK schools, or those serving international recruiters like Insead or IMD. Indeed, it would be fascinating to discover how WHU is able to get such a good score on that.
Hello Duncan,

Many thanks for your efforts to answer the queries of MBA aspirants.
I am Indian Male from Automotive R&D, having 14 years of experience.
Applied to Warwick, Carnfield & Durham.
Got admit from Durham with unconditional offer.
Also got admit from Warwick & Cranfield but GMAT score condition as 600+.
Not given GMAT yet, need to submit GMAT score by 21st May to Warwick.
Cranfield may give more time.
Please guide me, I am not sure to get 600 GMAT score.
In this case Durham is good bet to join....as I am too old for full time MBA but has great zeal to learn & contribute so wanted to join full time MBA.
Deferring for another year for GMAT score will be wise decision.
In case want to do MBA this year should go for Durham or Trinity (as applied & will get the offer).
Please guide me.
Thanking you in advance,
Siraj.
Hello Duncan,

Many thanks for your efforts to answer the queries of MBA aspirants.
I am Indian Male from Automotive R&D, having 14 years of experience.
Applied to Warwick, Carnfield & Durham.
Got admit from Durham with unconditional offer.
Also got admit from Warwick & Cranfield but GMAT score condition as 600+.
Not given GMAT yet, need to submit GMAT score by 21st May to Warwick.
Cranfield may give more time.
Please guide me, I am not sure to get 600 GMAT score.
In this case Durham is good bet to join....as I am too old for full time MBA but has great zeal to learn & contribute so wanted to join full time MBA.
Deferring for another year for GMAT score will be wise decision.
In case want to do MBA this year should go for Durham or Trinity (as applied & will get the offer).
Please guide me.
Thanking you in advance,
Siraj.
Duncan
Warwick and Cranfield are much better schools. Take the GMAT. If you don't hit 600, perhaps they might give you more time. If not, the added value they represent does justify deferring entry a year.

Honestly, don't be too scared of the GMAT. It's high school maths. You would have got 600 when you were 13. It really is hard to get 760. 600 can be done. Book your exam date tomorrow.
Warwick and Cranfield are much better schools. Take the GMAT. If you don't hit 600, perhaps they might give you more time. If not, the added value they represent does justify deferring entry a year.

Honestly, don't be too scared of the GMAT. It's high school maths. You would have got 600 when you were 13. It really is hard to get 760. 600 can be done. Book your exam date tomorrow.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Singapore 67 Followers 152 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 65 Followers 187 Discussions
Bath, United Kingdom 13 Followers 141 Discussions
Fontainebleau, France 60 Followers 276 Discussions
Rotterdam, Netherlands 66 Followers 197 Discussions
St. Gallen, Switzerland 30 Followers 119 Discussions
Cambridge, Massachusetts 27 Followers 151 Discussions
Durham, United Kingdom 48 Followers 355 Discussions
Carlton, Australia 46 Followers 92 Discussions
Full Profile
Berlin, Germany 118 Followers 132 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 24 Followers 141 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 96 Followers 339 Discussions
Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 83 Followers 329 Discussions
Bedford, United Kingdom 39 Followers 318 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom 67 Followers 511 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 121 Followers 408 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 47 Followers 208 Discussions
Cambridge, United Kingdom 37 Followers 240 Discussions
San Francisco, California 1 Follower 2 Discussions

Related Articles

Landing a Job After Your MBA

Jun 02, 2015

Even before you start an MBA, take steps to maximize the chances of getting a great job when you graduate

MBA Careers: 2014 and Beyond

Nov 27, 2013

It's been five years since the financial crash – what's changed?

A Change of Place: MBA Programs for the Internationally Mobile

Jun 20, 2013

How you can use an MBA to land a job in another country

More Articles

Hot Discussions