Professional having 10 years of experience - Want to decide between which FT MBA suitable in Germany

Hello Big Fam,

Hello all, from past 2.5 years I was working in Germany and faced a job loss recently.I was working as a Project Manager. I have 10 years of experience in Banking and Fintech across different demographic locations (India, Dubai, Germany) So I am planning to go for FT MBA now. My budget is around max 20K EUR. I am also open for public Universties in Germany. My language level is close to B1,I could say top of A2 infact.

Is it possible to guide me which colleges wouldbe better for me for full time MBA:

1. HWR berlin

2. Bremen Uni

3. Or any other quivalent to frankfurt school?
4. ESB Reutlingen
5. hs-pforzheim
 Or any other best schools considering my experience in banking, and I am planning to continue in my current domian only.

Please note my first choice was Frankfurt School, but due to out of budget, I have to look for alternatives.

I am really looking for help and valuable suggestions from experts here:-) Thanks a lot in advance.

[Edited by Sreejeshnair on Sep 13, 2020]

Hello Big Fam,<br>
<br>
Hello all, from past 2.5 years I was working in Germany and faced a job loss recently.I was working as a Project Manager. I have 10 years of experience in Banking and Fintech across different demographic locations (India, Dubai, Germany) So I am planning to go for FT MBA now. My budget is around max 20K EUR. I am also open for public Universties in Germany. My language level is close to B1,I could say top of A2 infact.<br>
Is it possible to guide me which colleges wouldbe better for me for full time MBA:<br>
1. HWR berlin<br>
2. Bremen Uni<br>
3. Or any other quivalent to frankfurt school?<br>4. ESB Reutlingen<br>5. hs-pforzheim<br>&nbsp;Or any other best schools considering my experience in banking, and I am planning to continue in my current domian only.<br>
<br>
Please note my first choice was Frankfurt School, but due to out of budget, I have to look for alternatives.<br>
<br>
I am really looking for help and valuable suggestions from experts here:-) Thanks a lot in advance.
StuartHE

An intensive course at a state university in the DACH region leading to the DSH or another high-level German-language qualification will probably be a better asset for you.  
You don't mention your career goals but, since project managers in German banks don't generally have MBAs, I assume you want to move into another role. If you are aiming at an MBA-type role you should exclude Bremen and focus on schools with meaningful international accreditation.    

An intensive course at a state university in the DACH region leading to the DSH or another high-level German-language qualification will probably be a better asset for you.&nbsp;&nbsp;<div><br>You don't mention your career goals but, since project managers in German banks don't generally have MBAs, I assume you want to move into another role. If you are aiming at an MBA-type role you should exclude Bremen and focus on schools with meaningful international accreditation.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;<div>
</div><div>
</div><div><br></div></div>

An intensive course at a state university in the DACH region leading to the DSH or another high-level German-language qualification will probably be a better asset for you.  
You don't mention your career goals but, since project managers in German banks don't generally have MBAs, I assume you want to move into another role. If you are aiming at an MBA-type role you should exclude Bremen and focus on schools with meaningful international accreditation.    

Hello @StuartBB thanks for response. Excluding Bremen was always on list. The above mentioned schools apart from Bremen have international accreditation too. Yes moving up the career ladder is always the by product of MBA. But for me, MBA is for personal interest to understand things at broader perspective which could benefit in my current role and domain. That is why I was trying to sort of schools based on that. Any thoughts??

[Edited by Sreejeshnair on Sep 17, 2020]

[quote]<br><br><br>
<br><br><br>
An intensive course at a state university in the DACH region leading to the DSH or another high-level German-language qualification will probably be a better asset for you.&nbsp;&nbsp;<div><br>You don't mention your career goals but, since project managers in German banks don't generally have MBAs, I assume you want to move into another role. If you are aiming at an MBA-type role you should exclude Bremen and focus on schools with meaningful international accreditation.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;<div><br><br><br>
</div><div><br><br><br>
</div><div><br></div></div> [/quote] Hello @StuartBB thanks for response. Excluding Bremen was always on list. The above mentioned schools apart from Bremen have international accreditation too. Yes moving up the career ladder is always the by product of MBA. But for me, MBA is for personal interest to understand things at broader perspective which could benefit in my current role and domain. That is why I was trying to sort of schools based on that. Any thoughts??
StuartHE

ESB is obviously the best, and best-resourced, school on the list. I would not consider HWR. But its crazy to start from criteria other than career goals. You could take free of cheap MOOCs and get similar knowledge, and gain much more from a personal development point of view by learning German and thus acculturating into Europe's most important economy. 

ESB is obviously the best, and best-resourced, school on the list. I would not consider HWR. But its crazy to start from criteria other than career goals. You could take free of cheap MOOCs and get similar knowledge, and gain much more from a personal development point of view by learning German and thus acculturating into Europe's most important economy.&nbsp;
Razors Edg...

Work on your German language skills and then do a degree in German. Many more opportunities / more potential for career advancement. 

Work on your German language skills and then do a degree in German. Many more opportunities / more potential for career advancement.&nbsp;

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Bremen, Germany 58 Followers 32 Discussions
Reutlingen, Germany 29 Followers 42 Discussions
Full Profile
Pforzheim, Germany 37 Followers 74 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jun 26, 2020

MBA Application Deadlines: Spring 2021

News Jun 26, 2020

The Future Looks Bright for MBA Programs in Germany

Article Apr 05, 2019

Surprisingly, the Eurozone’s largest economy underachieves in business education, with few schools ranked globally. But Germany’s booming job market and thriving entrepreneurship are luring overseas students

Top 10 Budget MBAs in Germany

Top List

Here you’ll find a list of MBA programs in Germany for students on a budget.