Working after MBA in New Zealand

latsdorf
I'm very interested in doing my MBA in New Zealand. Namely, Otago or the University of Auckland.

My question is, how realistic is it to expect to be able to work in the country after graduation as a new immigrant.

I'm not talking about visas, because I understand that after an MBA I would have 1 year to get a job. I'm talking about whether or not employers will hire somebody who's not from New Zealand.

I love the country, I've been there three times already and want to move there permanently. However, I don't want to waste a bunch of money to find out it's impossible to get a job after the MBA.
I'm very interested in doing my MBA in New Zealand. Namely, Otago or the University of Auckland.

My question is, how realistic is it to expect to be able to work in the country after graduation as a new immigrant.

I'm not talking about visas, because I understand that after an MBA I would have 1 year to get a job. I'm talking about whether or not employers will hire somebody who's not from New Zealand.

I love the country, I've been there three times already and want to move there permanently. However, I don't want to waste a bunch of money to find out it's impossible to get a job after the MBA.
Duncan
This really seems like a question for Otago, obviously the best option, and its recent alumni. I see that unemployment, the NZ pound,, and inflation are close to the lowest for recent years so export oriented talent should be interesting, given the condition s.
This really seems like a question for Otago, obviously the best option, and its recent alumni. I see that unemployment, the NZ pound,, and inflation are close to the lowest for recent years so export oriented talent should be interesting, given the condition s.
mba hipste...
Otago has got some self-reported career stats here:

https://www.otago.ac.nz/mba/career/alumni-survey/index.html

... looks like half of the alumni base is in NZ, and half is outside.

It would be interesting to know how those placements line up with the graduates' expectations, though.
Otago has got some self-reported career stats here:

https://www.otago.ac.nz/mba/career/alumni-survey/index.html

... looks like half of the alumni base is in NZ, and half is outside.

It would be interesting to know how those placements line up with the graduates' expectations, though.
latsdorf
Oh, interesting thanks for the stats. Looks like it's a good school. The University of Auckland is also on my list, any ideas about this school??
Oh, interesting thanks for the stats. Looks like it's a good school. The University of Auckland is also on my list, any ideas about this school??
mba hipste...
As far as I know, they don't publish career statistics. Maybe you can ask them directly.
As far as I know, they don't publish career statistics. Maybe you can ask them directly.
latsdorf
I will do that, thank you!
I will do that, thank you!

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Dunedin, New Zealand 32 Followers 28 Discussions
Auckland, New Zealand 23 Followers 21 Discussions

Related Articles

MBAs in New Zealand: Native English, Internationally Recognized Education & Jobs Aplenty

By Vanessa Ellingham on Apr 19, 2017

More Articles