Singapore vs Europe MBA

I have an admit from NTU for an MBA, but I also want to live in Europe in the long run. Should I give up on the NTU offer and apply to schools in Germany(Mannheim) or Spain(ESADE, IE)?

I have very basic understanding of German and no knowledge of other European languages. I understand that this will be a hurdle in employability. Hence, I would like insights whether I would be better off pursuing an MBA in SIngapore or are there European schools where only English will get me jobs?

Thanks.

I have an admit from NTU for an MBA, but I also want to live in Europe in the long run. Should I give up on the NTU offer and apply to schools in Germany(Mannheim) or Spain(ESADE, IE)?

I have very basic understanding of German and no knowledge of other European languages. I understand that this will be a hurdle in employability. Hence, I would like insights whether I would be better off pursuing an MBA in SIngapore or are there European schools where only English will get me jobs?

Thanks.
Andy800

If you don't speak Spanish then I would not apply in Spain. I would go to either the UK (the obvious target) or the nordics/benelux as they have a good command of the English language. 
As Duncan said if you don't speak the local language then go to an intensive language school and then if necessary do an MBA :)

[Edited by Andy800 on Nov 23, 2022]

If you don't speak Spanish then I would not apply in Spain. I would go to either the UK (the obvious target) or the nordics/benelux as they have a good command of the English language.&nbsp;<br>As Duncan said if you don't speak the local language then go to an intensive language school and then if necessary do an MBA :)

Should I target mid-tiered European schools like ESSEC or Mannheim instead of NTU?
Is Singapore a smarter choice since I dont have extra languages in my repertoire?

Should I target mid-tiered European schools like ESSEC or Mannheim instead of NTU?<br>Is Singapore a smarter choice since I dont have extra languages in my repertoire?
Andy800

Well, Singapore is a good option if you have no other language in your repertoire :) Afterwards, do you want to live there or not?

Well, Singapore is a good option if you have no other language in your repertoire :) Afterwards, do you want to live there or not?
Duncan

See:-
Best MBAs for international students' placement http://www.find-mba.com/board/41143 
Do you need to speak the local language? www.find-mba.com/board/34713 

[Edited by Duncan on Nov 24, 2022]

See:-<br>Best MBAs for international students' placement http://www.find-mba.com/board/41143&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Do you need to speak the local language? www.find-mba.com/board/34713&nbsp;</div>

I don't mind living in Singapore for maybe 5 years, but the long term target is still Europe. I am 25 and the high ranking held by NTU in Duncan's list for international mobility gives me hope that in some years I will be able to reach Europe.

Should I hold off on doing an MBA for 3-4 years and then apply for Europe or will the Singapore path also have opportunities for Europe later on?

[quote]Well, Singapore is a good option if you have no other language in your repertoire :) Afterwards, do you want to live there or not? [/quote]<br>I don't mind living in Singapore for maybe 5 years, but the long term target is still Europe. I am 25 and the high ranking held by NTU in Duncan's list for international mobility gives me hope that in some years I will be able to reach Europe.<br><br>Should I hold off on doing an MBA for 3-4 years and then apply for Europe or will the Singapore path also have opportunities for Europe later on?<br><br><br>
Duncan

International mobility doesn't mean that NTU will give you global mobility: it means that NTU helps people from outside Singapore find work in Singapore. If you want to work in Europe after Singapore, take a European MBA in Singapore (Insead/EDHEC/ESSEC etc) and then start on French courses. 

International mobility doesn't mean that NTU will give you global mobility: it means that NTU helps people from outside Singapore find work in Singapore. If you want to work in Europe after Singapore, take a European MBA in Singapore (Insead/EDHEC/ESSEC etc) and then start on French courses.&nbsp;

I don't mind living in Singapore for maybe 5 years, but the long term target is still Europe. I am 25 and the high ranking held by NTU in Duncan's list for international mobility gives me hope that in some years I will be able to reach Europe.

Should I hold off on doing an MBA for 3-4 years and then apply for Europe or will the Singapore path also have opportunities for Europe later on?

I think NTU provides double degrees with European business schools. 
here is what I found on their website. 

Nanyang-St Gallen Double Masters – Nanyang MBA and Master of Arts in Strategy &amp; International Management in 24 months in Singapore and St Gallen, Switzerland
Nanyang ESSEC Double Masters – Nanyang MBA and MSc in Management in 24 months in Singapore and France .
https://www.ntu.edu.sg/business/admissions/graduate-studies/nanyang-mba/double-masters

[quote][quote]Well, Singapore is a good option if you have no other language in your repertoire :) Afterwards, do you want to live there or not? [/quote]<br>I don't mind living in Singapore for maybe 5 years, but the long term target is still Europe. I am 25 and the high ranking held by NTU in Duncan's list for international mobility gives me hope that in some years I will be able to reach Europe.<br><br>Should I hold off on doing an MBA for 3-4 years and then apply for Europe or will the Singapore path also have opportunities for Europe later on?<br><br><br> [/quote]<br><br>I think NTU provides double degrees with European business schools.&nbsp;<br>here is what I found on their website.&nbsp;<br><br>
<div>
</div><div>Nanyang-St Gallen Double Masters&nbsp;– Nanyang MBA and Master of Arts in Strategy &amp;amp; International Management in 24 months in Singapore and St Gallen, Switzerland</div><br><div>Nanyang ESSEC Double Masters&nbsp;– Nanyang MBA and MSc in Management in 24 months in Singapore and France .</div><div><br>https://www.ntu.edu.sg/business/admissions/graduate-studies/nanyang-mba/double-masters</div><div>
</div>
Duncan

Nice, but the other person's goal is to work in Europe. A degree taught in English won't help them much in France or German-speaking Switzerland. St Gallen is explicit about that: see my post - 

Do you need to speak the local language? www.find-mba.com/board/34713 

Nice, but the other person's goal is to work in Europe. A degree taught in English won't help them much in France or German-speaking Switzerland. St Gallen is explicit about that: see my post -&nbsp;
<div>
</div><div>Do you need to speak the local language?&nbsp;www.find-mba.com/board/34713&nbsp;
</div><div><br></div><div>
</div>

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Mannheim, Germany 78 Followers 216 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 49 Followers 235 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 113 Followers 353 Discussions