MBA Programs in Abu Dhabi UAE


Duncan
QS seems to rank 60 schools in Europe. Middlesex is not one: http://www.topmba.com/mba-rankings/region/europe/2014 I can't see why anyone would pick it over the better schools Ezra has mentioned.
QS seems to rank 60 schools in Europe. Middlesex is not one: http://www.topmba.com/mba-rankings/region/europe/2014 I can't see why anyone would pick it over the better schools Ezra has mentioned.
quote
sts
The page which is accessed via the link you have provided seems to be an older version i.e. the 2013/2014 ranking. The up-to-date version of this ranking, which is included in the QS Global Top 200 Business Schools Report, can be accessed via this link:

http://www.topmba.com/why-mba/publications/200-global-business-schools-report-201415

...and the up-to-date ranking is here:

http://www.topmba.com/mba-rankings/region/europe/2015#sorting=rank+custom=478517+order=desc+search=

There are 65 schools from Europe in this report and Middlesex University Business School is listed among them.

[Edited by sts on Dec 14, 2014]

The page which is accessed via the link you have provided seems to be an older version i.e. the 2013/2014 ranking. The up-to-date version of this ranking, which is included in the QS Global Top 200 Business Schools Report, can be accessed via this link:

http://www.topmba.com/why-mba/publications/200-global-business-schools-report-201415

...and the up-to-date ranking is here:

http://www.topmba.com/mba-rankings/region/europe/2015#sorting=rank+custom=478517+order=desc+search=

There are 65 schools from Europe in this report and Middlesex University Business School is listed among them.
quote
Duncan
Thanks, 62 out of 65 schools doesn't look great to me. I think it really depends on your goals. I don't think you'll find any major MBA recruiter picking up even one student every year, or two students any year, for MBA roles from the Middlesex full-time MBA.
Thanks, 62 out of 65 schools doesn't look great to me. I think it really depends on your goals. I don't think you'll find any major MBA recruiter picking up even one student every year, or two students any year, for MBA roles from the Middlesex full-time MBA.
quote
sts
That's another thing, Duncan. As I implied in my initial post, evaluations may vary according to the person and the circumstances. At the end of the day, there are many people studying there, too, I guess. That said, I also can not say 62 out of 65 is "great", however 65 over hundreds (or more?) in Europe or 26 over ~100 in the UK still sounds "fine". (If it were Top 100 in Europe, it would still be fine, in my opinion)

Just before finishing, let me remind that the main factor in QS Top 200 Business Schools Ranking is the employer survey, with a weight ratio of 85%, which is responded by the selected "international" recruiters, as is explained in the Report (The remaining 15% is for academic reputation.).
That's another thing, Duncan. As I implied in my initial post, evaluations may vary according to the person and the circumstances. At the end of the day, there are many people studying there, too, I guess. That said, I also can not say 62 out of 65 is "great", however 65 over hundreds (or more?) in Europe or 26 over ~100 in the UK still sounds "fine". (If it were Top 100 in Europe, it would still be fine, in my opinion)

Just before finishing, let me remind that the main factor in QS Top 200 Business Schools Ranking is the employer survey, with a weight ratio of 85%, which is responded by the selected "international" recruiters, as is explained in the Report (The remaining 15% is for academic reputation.).
quote
Duncan
I think it totally depends on your goals. London's former polytechnics, like Middlesex, do well in employability because the students there are older and few go on to further study, entrepreneurship or non-profits, and that pushes up the median salary. However by the time you get to the 65th MBA you are well into a long tail where small differences, even with one person, can change a number a lot in such small programmes. But the point remains that is one's goal is to have the learning experience of an accredited school, the student and faculty quality, the alumni network or the career outcomes then a higher-places school is a safer choice.
I think it totally depends on your goals. London's former polytechnics, like Middlesex, do well in employability because the students there are older and few go on to further study, entrepreneurship or non-profits, and that pushes up the median salary. However by the time you get to the 65th MBA you are well into a long tail where small differences, even with one person, can change a number a lot in such small programmes. But the point remains that is one's goal is to have the learning experience of an accredited school, the student and faculty quality, the alumni network or the career outcomes then a higher-places school is a safer choice.
quote

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Glasgow, United Kingdom 41 Followers 365 Discussions
Old Westbury, New York 10 Followers 11 Discussions
Adelaide, Australia 6 Followers 8 Discussions
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 4 Followers 53 Discussions

Related Articles

A Global Destination: MBA Programs in Dubai

Nov 27, 2012

How different business programs in and around the growing emirate can meet a variety of needs

More Articles

Hot Discussions