MBA In Canada

Hi,
I would like to peruse MBA in Canada. Plan is to join in July/August/Sep 2021.

In brief, I am Chemical engineering graduate with work experience in General Insurance as an Underwriting Manager (Energy & Engineering) for 14 years and have a professional certificate (ACII) from CII, London.
I am Indian national and residing in Bahrain and ; therefore, I would like to know below details

- My undergraduate score is 53%, Is this ok to meet GPA. I am yet to write GMAT.
- Is there any age limit for doing MBA in Canada? i am now 37 Years old
-Best colleges you suggest considering my work experience
- How long my visa will allow to stay in Canada after completing MBA to search for Job.
-Do I have to give IELTS ? (As I have done my complete education in English)

[Edited by CHELLARAPU on Jan 14, 2020]

Hi,
I would like to peruse MBA in Canada. Plan is to join in July/August/Sep 2021.

In brief, I am Chemical engineering graduate with work experience in General Insurance as an Underwriting Manager (Energy & Engineering) for 14 years and have a professional certificate (ACII) from CII, London.
I am Indian national and residing in Bahrain and ; therefore, I would like to know below details

- My undergraduate score is 53%, Is this ok to meet GPA. I am yet to write GMAT.
- Is there any age limit for doing MBA in Canada? i am now 37 Years old
-Best colleges you suggest considering my work experience
- How long my visa will allow to stay in Canada after completing MBA to search for Job.
-Do I have to give IELTS ? (As I have done my complete education in English)
Ayon
Usually Canadian B schools (some more so than others) are strict about having a B+ equivalent / 75% during undergrad (or is it 70?). I was turned down at my safe school at Concordia. When in doubt you can always use something like WES to evaluate and convert your undergrad. Schools like Schulich and McGill didn't ask for it.

No age limit, this is not the airforce

What are you career goals? Best schools could be googled easily. In no order: Ivey, Rotman, Schulich, McGill, Queen's, Sauders

Post study visa is 2 years i thiink, could easily google and cross reference

IELTS - yes, look at admission criteria for your target schools they'll mention specifics.

[Edited by Ayon on Jan 14, 2020]

Usually Canadian B schools (some more so than others) are strict about having a B+ equivalent / 75% during undergrad (or is it 70?). I was turned down at my safe school at Concordia. When in doubt you can always use something like WES to evaluate and convert your undergrad. Schools like Schulich and McGill didn't ask for it.

No age limit, this is not the airforce

What are you career goals? Best schools could be googled easily. In no order: Ivey, Rotman, Schulich, McGill, Queen's, Sauders

Post study visa is 2 years i thiink, could easily google and cross reference

IELTS - yes, look at admission criteria for your target schools they'll mention specifics.
Duncan
I think the visa length might be related to the length of the MBA, e.g. 1 year versus 2 years.
I think the visa length might be related to the length of the MBA, e.g. 1 year versus 2 years.
mba hipste...
https://find-mba.com/articles/working-in-canada-after-an-mba

"Students in Canada who complete a two-year master’s program can automatically receive a three-year work permit."
https://find-mba.com/articles/working-in-canada-after-an-mba

"Students in Canada who complete a two-year master’s program can automatically receive a three-year work permit."

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Montréal, Canada 48 Followers 79 Discussions

Related Articles

MBA Programs in Canada: Increasingly Attractive for International Students

May 13, 2019

Internationals are attracted by the progressive immigration policies and an environment that is welcoming of foreigners

More Articles

Related Top 10 Lists

More Top 10 Lists