Accredited MBA in Egypt

Shireen2
AUC also offers an MBA in partnership with Edinburgh Business School and the programme is of a very good academic standard and very flexible. I met several alumni of this programme and they were very happy with it. It's also accredited by the Supreme Council of Universities in Egypt as well as all european countries, the US, Canada and Australia.

I believe it's also available in Arabic but I don't think it's with AUC. Probably with Ain Shams University if I remember correctly
AUC also offers an MBA in partnership with Edinburgh Business School and the programme is of a very good academic standard and very flexible. I met several alumni of this programme and they were very happy with it. It's also accredited by the Supreme Council of Universities in Egypt as well as all european countries, the US, Canada and Australia.

I believe it's also available in Arabic but I don't think it's with AUC. Probably with Ain Shams University if I remember correctly
Duncan
It is not accredited by all European countries: How would that be possible? . It does not have international accreditation. It does not even require applicants to have an undergraduate degree!
It is not accredited by all European countries: How would that be possible? . It does not have international accreditation. It does not even require applicants to have an undergraduate degree!
Hi All , Can someone advise me what are the pros & cons of MBA AUC vs MBA EBS ( Herroit watt) in the AUC ? & which one is better from your point of view?
Hi All , Can someone advise me what are the pros & cons of MBA AUC vs MBA EBS ( Herroit watt) in the AUC ? & which one is better from your point of view?
Duncan
AUC's own MBA has meaningful international accreditation, a better curriculum, much more modern materials, better students (a degree is required) and better teaching. None of is true for the Heriot Watt degree.
AUC's own MBA has meaningful international accreditation, a better curriculum, much more modern materials, better students (a degree is required) and better teaching. None of is true for the Heriot Watt degree.
George Pat...
To be fair though,

-The majority of UK MBAs, even the ones in top ranked universities do not require undergraduate degree, it is how things are in most of the UK! In the american system, a degree is always required so even the worst university of the U.S. system, will need an undergraduate degree. It is not indicative of AUC and HW quality, just which system they belong to.

-HW is in all likelihood the 2nd best MBA you can get in Egypt after AUC! Or at the very top anyway

-Also, the university as a whole is much better than AUC. And the reputation of HW is bigger than AUC (which no one has ever heard of outside of Egypt)

-The prestige of having an MBA from a UK university, even one in the middle of the pack, has some value in 3rd countries, many students go to the UK to study just to brag they have degree from a UK university

That being said, if you can afford it, go for AUC!
I am sure they will use their more experienced personnel in teaching their own MBA and not the HW one. Also HW does not have any career services at all
To be fair though,

-The majority of UK MBAs, even the ones in top ranked universities do not require undergraduate degree, it is how things are in most of the UK! In the american system, a degree is always required so even the worst university of the U.S. system, will need an undergraduate degree. It is not indicative of AUC and HW quality, just which system they belong to.

-HW is in all likelihood the 2nd best MBA you can get in Egypt after AUC! Or at the very top anyway

-Also, the university as a whole is much better than AUC. And the reputation of HW is bigger than AUC (which no one has ever heard of outside of Egypt)

-The prestige of having an MBA from a UK university, even one in the middle of the pack, has some value in 3rd countries, many students go to the UK to study just to brag they have degree from a UK university

That being said, if you can afford it, go for AUC!
I am sure they will use their more experienced personnel in teaching their own MBA and not the HW one. Also HW does not have any career services at all
laurie
Yes, if you want a UK degree you'd be better off with another of the (accredited) UK providers offering Online MBA programs. The AUC MBA will be much better than the HW degree.
Yes, if you want a UK degree you'd be better off with another of the (accredited) UK providers offering Online MBA programs. The AUC MBA will be much better than the HW degree.
George Pat...
To clarify, I was talking about taught degrees. The HW MBA is taught at AUC, which is a learning partner
For online MBA, there are many better choices from UK and of course illinois :)
To clarify, I was talking about taught degrees. The HW MBA is taught at AUC, which is a learning partner
For online MBA, there are many better choices from UK and of course illinois :)
Are you positive that American University in Cairo is the only internationally accredited MBA program? if so, just to clarify more what advantages an internationally accredited would have over a regionally accredited, in real world job market and in skills development? Thanks

I'm pretty sure, at least if you're talking about the reputable accreditation organizations (AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS.)

And the reason why these accreditations are good benchmarks is that they provide a standard framework by which to judge the qualities of the MBA programs. Regional accreditations might not have the same level of standards, and have no real oversight.

i found that not only AUC is the international accredited MBA. there is another one:
- AUC has the triple crown of accreditation (AMBA, AACSB and EQuis)
- RITI (Maastricht school of management) has international accreditation from AMBA, ACBSP, IACBE and ATHEA with a lower fees tha AUC (160,000 EGP)

Note: there is not accredited MBA At low fees and the regional accreditation has no weight
[quote]<blockquote>Are you positive that American University in Cairo is the only internationally accredited MBA program? if so, just to clarify more what advantages an internationally accredited would have over a regionally accredited, in real world job market and in skills development? Thanks</blockquote>

I'm pretty sure, at least if you're talking about the reputable accreditation organizations (AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS.)

And the reason why these accreditations are good benchmarks is that they provide a standard framework by which to judge the qualities of the MBA programs. Regional accreditations might not have the same level of standards, and have no real oversight.[/quote]

i found that not only AUC is the international accredited MBA. there is another one:
- AUC has the triple crown of accreditation (AMBA, AACSB and EQuis)
- RITI (Maastricht school of management) has international accreditation from AMBA, ACBSP, IACBE and ATHEA with a lower fees tha AUC (160,000 EGP)

Note: there is not accredited MBA At low fees and the regional accreditation has no weight
Duncan
Just to be clear, if you have an MBA from AUC then you have an internationally-accredited MBA. The Heriott-Watt MBA is taught on the AUC campus, but that degree does not come from AUC but from a British university without international accreditation.
Just to be clear, if you have an MBA from AUC then you have an internationally-accredited MBA. The Heriott-Watt MBA is taught on the AUC campus, but that degree does not come from AUC but from a British university without international accreditation.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Cardiff, United Kingdom 14 Followers 72 Discussions
Cairo, Egypt 39 Followers 30 Discussions
Miami, Alexandria, Egypt 53 Followers 19 Discussions
New Cairo City, Egypt 23 Followers 10 Discussions
Cardiff, United Kingdom 11 Followers 24 Discussions
Paris, France 7 Followers 12 Discussions
Giza, Egypt 14 Followers 22 Discussions
Giza, Egypt 14 Followers 6 Discussions

Hot Discussions