Prospects of Strathclyde MBA to pursue career in consulting after MBA in the UK

Hi All,

I am an international student based out of India. I have received a conditional offer from Strathclyde for MBA and my interview is scheduled in August. I have also applied to Durham (awaiting decision) since these 2 universities were waiving GMAT. I have 7+ years of experience in Banking, consulting and presently working in Deloitte. So far from the research on Strathclyde I have found positive things only. I am planning to pursue a career in Operations strategy in consulting firms post MBA. I need your help on below pointers:

1. To pursue my goal post MBA, will Strathclyde and Glasgow as a city be helpful?

2. How much Weightage does the interview holds on my final offer, should i be worried about my chances. I do not have many options in my hand right now and want to go for MBA at this point in my career.

[Edited by anupamgautam2904 on Jul 19, 2020]

Hi All,<br>
I am an international student based out of India. I have received a conditional offer from Strathclyde for MBA and my interview is scheduled in August. I have also applied to Durham (awaiting decision) since these 2 universities were waiving GMAT. I have 7+ years of experience in Banking, consulting and presently working in Deloitte. So far from the research on Strathclyde I have found positive things only. I am planning to pursue a career in Operations strategy in consulting firms post MBA. I need your help on below pointers:<br>
1. To pursue my goal post MBA, will Strathclyde and Glasgow as a city be helpful?<br>
2. How much Weightage does the interview holds on my final offer, should i be worried about my chances. I do not have many options in my hand right now and want to go for MBA at this point in my career.<br><br>
Duncan

Assuming you mean consulting firms in the big four, then that seems like a reasonable goal to me. 

Assuming you mean consulting firms in the big four, then that seems like a reasonable goal to me.&nbsp;

Yes Duncan i meant the big four. Could you please help me on the future prospects in this regard since I cannot find employment outcomes/reports for the school. Also, can you tell me about the weightage of an interview, considering i have received a conditional offer?

Yes Duncan i meant the big four. Could you please help me on the future prospects in this regard since I cannot find employment outcomes/reports for the school. Also, can you tell me about the weightage of an interview, considering i have received a conditional offer?
Duncan

The FT ranking entry can be clicked through on, and then there is a tab you can selected to see outcomes. 

The FT ranking entry can be clicked through on, and then there is a tab you can selected to see outcomes.&nbsp;
Duncan

Of course you will have to rely on a earlier year where it was ranked. 

Obviously, better schools will be better. 

Of course you will have to rely on a earlier year where it was ranked.&nbsp;<br><br>Obviously, better schools will be better.&nbsp;
puja25

for FT 2020 ranking i didnt find Strathclyde anywhere and it was there among top 100 till 2017 I guess, DUrham is still there in top 50 it seems.

[Edited by puja25 on Jul 30, 2020]

for FT 2020 ranking i didnt find Strathclyde anywhere and it was there among top 100 till 2017 I guess, DUrham is still there in top 50 it seems.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Glasgow, United Kingdom 44 Followers 377 Discussions

Other Related Content

Aug 14, 2019

MBA Application Deadlines: Spring 2020

News Aug 14, 2019

Related MBA Specializations

Hot Discussions