I would like to seek guidance on shortlisting the right DBA schools for my endeavors.
About myself -
40 years old, 18+ years of industry experience, based in Atlanta, US. Product Leader for notable publicly traded companies with focus on strategy, digital engineering and product management. Currently working as VP of Digital Engineering in a Fortune 100 industrial company. I am passionate about building multi-million-dollar business solutions by applying technology to Digital business solutioning. Currently, my primary focus is designing and deploying contemporary IoT/emerging technologies and business models. I have a BS in Computers Science and a PGDBA in Operations (distance learning, equivalent to MBA), both degrees are from India.
My criteria for looking for a DBA -
1. Challenge myself to the next level. EMBA is ruled out for my level of experience, so I am interested in a good DBA school and program.
2. Currently, I am thinking about the following research topic - "Transformation of industrial companies to stay relevant in the connected software era".
3. Gain recognition in the industry realm through blending my experience with research and be able to advise/strategically consult with top industrial companies who are struggling with digital transformations. I am not looking to take up any full-time teaching / academic roles post completion, industry relevance is my primary focus.
4. The school should be a good recognizable brand globally, accredited / certified - it should look good on my resume.
5. The program should allow me to continue my full-time job. I would be able to handle about one week of any onsite school travel globally per quarter if the program demands so.
Thanks for your advice in advance.
[Edited by shamik on Jun 17, 2018]