I am extremely ecstatic to have secured a seat at ESSEC business school for MBA in international luxury brand management program. Well, I have a few questions running through my mind before joining ESSEC and I would be extremely grateful if you could help me in making this life changing decision of my life of joining MBA.
For a fair idea of my background and work experience before MBA. I have been working in IT Consulting in India and running an online boutique and also a playback singer in India along side my full time job. Currently,as a short term project event manager, I am exposed to brand management and media management while organizing the "skylantern fest" wherein I am resposible to promote the brand and gather one million youth to break the Guiness Record. The objective of the releasing these skylanterns is to financially empower poor woman folk and provide alternate self employment to women working in tobbaco industry.
Further, I have also gained an admission with merit scholarship for MBA at Syracuse and university of buffalo which are two years courses and have an option of general marketing which even after scholarship come upto a cost similar to that of Essec which is why there is a terrific dillema. My heart craves for this beautiful ESSEC course and am passionate about luxury brands but, am apprehensive about the job opportunities etc post MBA. Here are my questions:
1. Could you please give me an idea of the job opportunities and roles post this MBA in Europe and other places (eg : dubai, honkong , India and other european countries) for a person with 3 years of work experience like me (resume attached) considering I dont know french and I have got still 5 months to study french in India before i join ?
2. What are the pay scales and return on investment I can expect post MBA-Luxury brand management at Europe, dubai , Honkong , India and other places if any for a person with 3 years prior experience which is not in Luxury industry. In my IT job, I currently earn around 4.8 lakh per annum in India
3. How do the recruiters view the MBA luxe program in Europe and elsewhere, say USA etc? Do they just see that it is a good MBA or look at it only as a specialised MBA? Do they know about this course. I am just contemplating my other options. Is there a possibility to atleast land in general marketing or strategy or others areas of management, if i am unable to get into luxury industry in Europe immediately post MBA?
4. How much do the living expenses and other expenses during study trips come upto? Where do we stay during our Essec program and have we to choose accomodation ourselves?
5. When do we have to apply for Visa etc and whats the process to secure a french Visa? When are we expected to reach there at ESSEC ? and How much time do we have in hand to find a job before we move away from Europe after the program?
6. Do we get to learn spoken french as a part of the MBA program? Is that sufficient to find jobs or should we try taking an outside course during weekends at Paris, say at Alliance Francaise etc?
7.Considering Europe is a beautiful place. Do we get time to travel to different parts of europe, are there any off-days? Are there any extracurriculars in my case,like music and events? How about part time jobs? Do we have any university or outside jobs available?
8. Last but not the least, Could you please tell me the Do's and Dont's during my stay at Europe and Essec in particular? What are the essentials I need to carry as an Indian student while joining the program and entering Europe? Although I know we are supposed to dress formally, but still, I just want to reconfirm if there's a particular dress code they look for ? What are the weather specific precautions I need to know?
Thanks a ton for reading through this !! I would be glad if you could give me an insight.
[Edited by invincible6 on Mar 16, 2015]