MBA W/O WORK EXPERIENCE

Hi all, I am a graduate petroleum engineer from India. I just completed my graduation and got a job in a reputed petroleum exploration company. However due to various economic problems I have not been appointed yet. Hence I am looking for other alternatives and an MBA seems to be the most viable one. I have no work experience and am very confused about what path to take. I am open to the USA, UK and Singapore. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help. I am very confused.
Aso Is GMAT accepted universally even in E.U B schools?
Thanks.

Hi all, I am a graduate petroleum engineer from India. I just completed my graduation and got a job in a reputed petroleum exploration company. However due to various economic problems I have not been appointed yet. Hence I am looking for other alternatives and an MBA seems to be the most viable one. I have no work experience and am very confused about what path to take. I am open to the USA, UK and Singapore. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help. I am very confused.
Aso Is GMAT accepted universally even in E.U B schools?
Thanks.
JohnnyL

I am afraid that I have to disappoint you. As far as I am informed no business school without a certain quality level will admit you to an MBA program without job experience.

Best,
JL

I am afraid that I have to disappoint you. As far as I am informed no business school without a certain quality level will admit you to an MBA program without job experience.

Best,
JL
andy.j.

this is, of course, the most popular question on MBA forums - and Johnny here kindly took the time to write down the usual replay: no work experience - no good MBA program.

this is, of course, the most popular question on MBA forums - and Johnny here kindly took the time to write down the usual replay: no work experience - no good MBA program.
muzzi

It is more or less like asking: can I apply to a Master degree without a bachelor? of course not if it is a good Master degree!

It is more or less like asking: can I apply to a Master degree without a bachelor? of course not if it is a good Master degree!

Harvard Business School (HBS)
No work experience
GMAT 760-790
GPA 3.7-4.0

Even if you get in, without professional experience, you won't be able to contribute in classroom.

Harvard Business School (HBS)
No work experience
GMAT 760-790
GPA 3.7-4.0

Even if you get in, without professional experience, you won't be able to contribute in classroom.
JamieO

why rush it? even if you can get into a good school, the aim is to get a good job afterwards. it is likely that if you have a couple of years good work experience you will perform considerably better in the job market post MBA

why rush it? even if you can get into a good school, the aim is to get a good job afterwards. it is likely that if you have a couple of years good work experience you will perform considerably better in the job market post MBA

May I inform you that MBA without prior experience is like masters without a degree. No good MBA colleges will accept you. Why dont you enrol for some MSc. Management programs which actually teaches you. MBA merely guides an already experienced manager.

May I inform you that MBA without prior experience is like masters without a degree. No good MBA colleges will accept you. Why dont you enrol for some MSc. Management programs which actually teaches you. MBA merely guides an already experienced manager.

Reply to Post

Hot Discussions