Engineering Management (Top-Up Degree) or future Executive MBA?

MarCat
Good evening everyone, I will try to explain my situation, hoping to find an answer for all the doubts I'm having since months.

I have a Foundation of Engineering (FdEng) in Renewable Energy Technologies, and after it I frequented an Executive Master in Energy Management in a small business school of my city, taking a Diploma of Master in Energy Management (the course was of 100 hours).

After this master, I got hired, as Junior Project Manager, in an multinational company, leader of the development and management of renewable energy systems at worldwide level. I have a total of 9 months of work experience, and next year i will start my international career, moving with the same company in another Country, starting to take my first important business responsabilities.

After this resume, I would like to ask you:

1) Should I top-up my Foundation Degree to a Bachelor of Engineering (distance learning) of Management Engineering, and then, to a Msc of Renewable Energy? A top manager of my company said to me that, if I would like to grow up my career and arrive to a future executive level, is not fundamental my study title, but the technical and business skills that I have acquired at work.

2) It's ok to top up on Bachelor of Management Engineering (distance learning) and, then, after some years, take an MBA, without MSc? Or just with my Foundation Degree is possible to take an Execurive MBA?

3) Are the executive certifications, as pre-MBA courses worth the money? Are they a real solution for improve my curriculum (particularly in the short term)?

Thank you, and best regards to everyone.
Good evening everyone, I will try to explain my situation, hoping to find an answer for all the doubts I'm having since months.

I have a Foundation of Engineering (FdEng) in Renewable Energy Technologies, and after it I frequented an Executive Master in Energy Management in a small business school of my city, taking a Diploma of Master in Energy Management (the course was of 100 hours).

After this master, I got hired, as Junior Project Manager, in an multinational company, leader of the development and management of renewable energy systems at worldwide level. I have a total of 9 months of work experience, and next year i will start my international career, moving with the same company in another Country, starting to take my first important business responsabilities.

After this resume, I would like to ask you:

1) Should I top-up my Foundation Degree to a Bachelor of Engineering (distance learning) of Management Engineering, and then, to a Msc of Renewable Energy? A top manager of my company said to me that, if I would like to grow up my career and arrive to a future executive level, is not fundamental my study title, but the technical and business skills that I have acquired at work.

2) It's ok to top up on Bachelor of Management Engineering (distance learning) and, then, after some years, take an MBA, without MSc? Or just with my Foundation Degree is possible to take an Execurive MBA?

3) Are the executive certifications, as pre-MBA courses worth the money? Are they a real solution for improve my curriculum (particularly in the short term)?

Thank you, and best regards to everyone.
Duncan
I think you will gain more from formal degrees rather than certificates or less well understood courses. Topping up to a BSc is great.
I think you will gain more from formal degrees rather than certificates or less well understood courses. Topping up to a BSc is great.
Razors Edg...
Another option would be to top up the BSc and then go for a master in management program. This would mean that you'd see stronger salary growth at the beginning of your career, but you'd have to put off the beginning of your career until you finish the MiM.
Another option would be to top up the BSc and then go for a master in management program. This would mean that you'd see stronger salary growth at the beginning of your career, but you'd have to put off the beginning of your career until you finish the MiM.

Reply to Post

Hot Discussions