Decent MBA for 2 years work experience

LimeL8M
I would rather do an MBA than another degree. However, I only have two years of work experience in finance.

My GMAT score is 760 and so far I have received two promotions.

I know I am a bit young but do I have any chance at all at a good MBA? Preferably in the US.
I would rather do an MBA than another degree. However, I only have two years of work experience in finance.

My GMAT score is 760 and so far I have received two promotions.

I know I am a bit young but do I have any chance at all at a good MBA? Preferably in the US.
Duncan
This really hangs on what you mean by good. You could get into one of the top 10 or 20 MiF degrees but probably not into a top 100 MBA.
This really hangs on what you mean by good. You could get into one of the top 10 or 20 MiF degrees but probably not into a top 100 MBA.
maury
You'd need an absolutely stellar background and work experience to get into a top school.

If you applied for 2020 you'd have about three years of experience at intake. Can you wait until 2021? If so, and if your career growth remains on-track, your odds of getting into an MBA would go up.

If not, then certainly look at MiM or MiF programs instead.
You'd need an absolutely stellar background and work experience to get into a top school.

If you applied for 2020 you'd have about three years of experience at intake. Can you wait until 2021? If so, and if your career growth remains on-track, your odds of getting into an MBA would go up.

If not, then certainly look at MiM or MiF programs instead.

Reply to Post

Related Articles

MBA Applications: What to do About Low Work Experience

Jan 12, 2016

Business schools don't like to admit students with less than two years of experience--but they will if a candidate really shines.

More Articles

Related Top 10 Lists

More Top 10 Lists