Advice needed

Hi

I am planning to pursue an MBA and I have Masters in Law and Finance. I want to pivot to a more finance focused role post MBA. What roles can I target?

I have a 315 GRE which may be low for Investment Banking pivot but I still can move there after few years of experience.

[Edited by harshchopra89 on Apr 05, 2021]

Hi

I am planning to pursue an MBA and I have Masters in Law and Finance. I want to pivot to a more finance focused role post MBA. What roles can I target?

I have a 315 GRE which may be low for Investment Banking pivot but I still can move there after few years of experience.
Duncan

Why not take a FT-ranked MiF? You will be able to get into a better school, spend less, get a more relevant education and have a higher chance of placement. 

Why not take a FT-ranked MiF? You will be able to get into a better school, spend less, get a more relevant education and have a higher chance of placement. 

But without prior work experience in finance, say for example I will get in HEC Paris?

[quote]Why not take a FT-ranked MiF? You will be able to get into a better school, spend less, get a more relevant education and have a higher chance of placement.&nbsp; [/quote]<br><br>But without prior work experience in finance, say for example I will get in HEC Paris?
Duncan

No work experience is need for the MIF at HEC. I am surprised that is not obvious to you from their website. 

No work experience is need for the MIF at HEC. I am surprised that is not obvious to you from their website.&nbsp;

No work experience is need for the MIF at HEC. I am surprised that is not obvious to you from their website. 

Should I try for their MBA?

[quote]No work experience is need for the MIF at HEC. I am surprised that is not obvious to you from their website.&nbsp; [/quote]<br><br>Should I try for their MBA?
Duncan

Only if that is the best school for your goals. 

Only if that is the best school for your goals.&nbsp;

Reply to Post

Other Related Content

MBA or Master in Finance: Which to Choose?

Article Apr 24, 2018

Both the MBA and MiF lead to high-paying careers in the financial sector. But there are fundamental differences between the two.