Admitted to ESMT & Mannheim - What is the better choice?

ozeekay

Hi,

I got an admission in the FULL TIME MBA of ESMT Berlin & Mannheim Business School. I come from a background of financial services of over 8+ years and have mainly been in risk management. I am a German National with minimal command over the language since I have lived abroad for 95% of my life. Now, however, I want to pivot my career for the short-mid term into consulting/strategy and as an alternate stick to Banking and financial services, and in the long term venture out into the fintech space and explore disruptive entrepreneurial ventures. I do intend to focus a lot on the German Language and gain proficiency during the MBA course.

Any guidance as to which school to go for in terms of employability prospects, a better support network and most importantly what aligns better to my long term goal.

Thankyou in advance

Hi,

I got an admission in the FULL TIME MBA of ESMT Berlin & Mannheim Business School. I come from a background of financial services of over 8+ years and have mainly been in risk management. I am a German National with minimal command over the language since I have lived abroad for 95% of my life. Now, however, I want to pivot my career for the short-mid term into consulting/strategy and as an alternate stick to Banking and financial services, and in the long term venture out into the fintech space and explore disruptive entrepreneurial ventures. I do intend to focus a lot on the German Language and gain proficiency during the MBA course.

Any guidance as to which school to go for in terms of employability prospects, a better support network and most importantly what aligns better to my long term goal.

Thankyou in advance
Duncan

Mannheim. Read the post on my profile page about using LinkedIn. 

Mannheim. Read the post on my profile page about using LinkedIn. 
mba hipste...

For most students, a year of language learning during full-time studies in English is not enough to bridge the gap between minimal language skills and what you'd need to be proficient on the job market.

Maybe you'd have an edge given your previous exposure to the language and potential family ties, but just know that the German job market is notably difficult for those without perfect command of the language. 

For most students, a year of language learning during full-time studies in English is not enough to bridge the gap between minimal language skills and what you'd need to be proficient on the job market.<br><br>Maybe you'd have an edge given your previous exposure to the language and potential family ties, but just know that the German job market is notably difficult for those without perfect command of the language.&nbsp;

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Full Profile
Berlin, Germany 145 Followers 152 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 73 Followers 197 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 27, 2019

QS Hosting World MBA Tour Events in Europe

News Sep 27, 2019

The Future Looks Bright for MBA Programs in Germany

Article Apr 05, 2019

Surprisingly, the Eurozone’s largest economy underachieves in business education, with few schools ranked globally. But Germany’s booming job market and thriving entrepreneurship are luring overseas students

Top 10 Budget MBAs in Germany

Top List

Here you’ll find a list of MBA programs in Germany for students on a budget.

Hot Discussions