Business School selection ( Germany & UK)

S001

Hi,

Members confused with below options between selection of schools in Germany and in the UK

Profile:

6 years manufacturing experience, GMAT 600, IELTS 8, CGPA 8.5 undergrad, German proficiency B1

Post MBA Goals:
Start career as a analyst or consultant in manufacturing firm in operations

Countries under consideration :
- Germany
- UK 

Admits:
- Hochschule Pforzheim
- HHL leipzig 
Result waiting:
- Esslingen graduate school 
 Rejections:
- Mannheim 

I read Duncan post about importance of local language.

I do have some thoughts of applying to business schools in UK. 

Please give your thoughts for below questions :

1) Between Pforzheim and esslingen which is good for career in the manufacturing field?
2) From the below list of schools in the UK which are good for operations and manufacturing? 

Bath, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Starthclyde, Lancaster

Do post your comments. Thanks in advance.

[Edited by S001 on Mar 27, 2022]

Hi,<br><br>Members confused with below options between selection of schools in Germany and in the UK<br><br><br>
Profile:<br><br>
6 years manufacturing experience,&nbsp;GMAT 600,&nbsp;IELTS 8, CGPA&nbsp;8.5 undergrad,&nbsp;German proficiency B1<br><br>&nbsp;Post MBA Goals: <br>Start career as a analyst or consultant in manufacturing firm in operations<br><br>Countries under consideration :<br>- Germany<br>- UK&nbsp;<br><br>Admits:<br>- Hochschule Pforzheim<br>- HHL leipzig&nbsp;<br>Result waiting: <br>- Esslingen graduate school&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;Rejections:<br>- Mannheim&nbsp;<br><br>I read Duncan post about importance of local language.<br><br>I do have some thoughts of applying to business schools in UK.&nbsp;<br><br>Please give your thoughts for below questions :<br><br>1) Between Pforzheim and esslingen which is good for career in the manufacturing field?<br>2) From the below list of schools in the UK which are good for operations and manufacturing?&nbsp;<br>
Bath, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Starthclyde, Lancaster<br><br><div>Do post your comments. Thanks in advance.<br><br></div>
S001

@duncan and other experts : can you please share your thoughts and feedback. Thanks in advance 

@duncan and other experts : can you please share your thoughts and feedback. Thanks in advance&nbsp;
Duncan

You raise too many issues to address. 

You raise too many issues to address.&nbsp;
S001

Apologies @Duncan. Please do give your feedback for the below questions

1) Between Pforzheim and esslingen which is good for career in the manufacturing field?

2) From the below list of schools in the UK which are good for operations and manufacturing? 
Bath, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Starthclyde, Lancaster

Thanks in advance.

Apologies @Duncan. Please do give your feedback for the below questions<br><br><br><div>1) Between Pforzheim and esslingen which is good for career in the manufacturing field?</div><br><br><div>2) From the below list of schools in the UK which are good for operations and manufacturing?&nbsp;</div><br>Bath, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Starthclyde, Lancaster<br><br><div>Thanks in advance.</div>
Duncan

Read the post about LinkedIn on my profile page. I think you can work this out. In Germany of course the bigger questions are not which Fachhochschule did you attend but how strong are your acculturation and professional level of German. 

Read the post about LinkedIn on my profile page. I think you can work this out. In Germany of course the bigger questions are not which Fachhochschule did you attend but how strong are your acculturation and professional level of German.&nbsp;
S001

Thanks @Duncan. 

I  do read about your post on how to search using LinkedIn (Alumni base). I could able to find more alumni from warwick into operations management but handful from other mentioned schools (Bath, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Starthclyde, Lancaster
). Since post study work visa is now opened in the UK, in your opinion which school is good, Since I will not have a chance at Warwick with my GMAT. 

Thanks in advance for your reply. 

Thanks @Duncan.&nbsp;<br><br>I &nbsp;do read about your post on how to search using LinkedIn (Alumni base). I could able to find more alumni from warwick into operations management but handful from other mentioned schools (Bath, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Starthclyde, Lancaster
).&nbsp;Since post study work visa is now opened in the UK, in your opinion which school is good, Since I will not have a chance at Warwick with my GMAT.&nbsp;<br><br>Thanks in advance for your reply.&nbsp;<br><br>
Duncan

If you follow the method outlined in my post, other schools will show up. Trust the process. 

If you follow the method outlined in my post, other schools will show up. Trust the process.&nbsp;
aslamo

Do you really need an MBA to become a consultant in manufacturing/operations? What consultancies are you interested in working for? Research what kinds of masters degrees such consultants have. I suspect it's more likely to be an MSc than an MBA.

For the UK, what about a course like the MSc Engineering Business Management at Warwick? Or Operations Excellence MSc at Cranfield which has been developed with Cambridge University and Rolls Royce?

Do you really need an MBA to become a consultant in manufacturing/operations? What consultancies are you interested in working for? Research what kinds of masters degrees such consultants have. I suspect it's more likely to be an MSc than an MBA.<br><br>For the UK, what about a course like the MSc Engineering Business Management at Warwick? Or Operations Excellence MSc at Cranfield which has been developed with Cambridge University and Rolls Royce?
S001

@aslamo - Thanks for the reply. I was doing some research in the course you suggested. I want to work in a reputed manufacturing companies such as Rolls Royce/ Gkn, Nissan or in consultancy as Accenture or Deloitte. 

Operations Excellence MSc is part time. I came across Engineering and Management of Manufacturing Systems from Cranfield. The modules also good. 

I got admit from Bath SOM for MBA but Cranfield MSc course is much more favorable for employment and Tier 2 Visa sponsorship. Please let me know your thoughts. I am waiting for reply from Cranfield. 

@aslamo - Thanks for the reply. I was doing some research in the course you suggested. I want to work in a reputed manufacturing companies such as Rolls Royce/ Gkn, Nissan or in consultancy as Accenture or Deloitte.&nbsp;<br><br><br>Operations Excellence MSc is part time. I came across Engineering and Management of Manufacturing Systems from Cranfield. The modules also good.&nbsp;<br><br><div>I got admit from Bath SOM for MBA but Cranfield MSc course is much more favorable for employment and Tier 2 Visa sponsorship. Please let me know your thoughts. I am waiting for reply from Cranfield.&nbsp;</div><div>
&nbsp;</div>

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Full Profile
Pforzheim, Germany 42 Followers 81 Discussions
Leipzig, Germany 67 Followers 189 Discussions
Esslingen, Germany 39 Followers 46 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 74 Followers 213 Discussions