Masters in Canada

I am a CA from India with 20 months of work-ex from Big4. GMAT 620. GPA 3.53 on 4.
Goals: Advance my career, Study abroad, Recover the cost of study and settle abroad.
I was considering a Masters in Finance from Canada (as MBA is not possible with low workex from a good school). But my concern is will MIF help advance my career as I already have a CA degree from India. Should I go for Masters in international business or masters in strategy & management instead of masters in finance?
I am looking for a course which will help me get an easy work visa so that I can recover my cost. Also, a course which is high in demand and commands higher avg salary.
Kindly help me evaluate the course.
I am a CA from India with 20 months of work-ex from Big4. GMAT 620. GPA 3.53 on 4.
Goals: Advance my career, Study abroad, Recover the cost of study and settle abroad.
I was considering a Masters in Finance from Canada (as MBA is not possible with low workex from a good school). But my concern is will MIF help advance my career as I already have a CA degree from India. Should I go for Masters in international business or masters in strategy & management instead of masters in finance?
I am looking for a course which will help me get an easy work visa so that I can recover my cost. Also, a course which is high in demand and commands higher avg salary.
Kindly help me evaluate the course.
Duncan
Finance sounds like a great fit and a degree will get you into the Canadian job market, unlike an Indian CA qualification.
Finance sounds like a great fit and a degree will get you into the Canadian job market, unlike an Indian CA qualification.
Thanks you so much Duncan.
Also, on some forum I read that MiF from Queen's is a waste of money, it's equivalent to doing CFA. Can you please throw some light on this. I was planning to apply to the following for MiF:
Queens
Schulich
Ivey
Sauder
McGill
Not applying to the following :
McMaster
Concordia
Brock
Rotman (Cz it has class just once a week and plus one weekend)
And not sure about HEC Montreal
Thanks you so much Duncan.
Also, on some forum I read that MiF from Queen's is a waste of money, it's equivalent to doing CFA. Can you please throw some light on this. I was planning to apply to the following for MiF:
Queens
Schulich
Ivey
Sauder
McGill
Not applying to the following :
McMaster
Concordia
Brock
Rotman (Cz it has class just once a week and plus one weekend)
And not sure about HEC Montreal

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Kingston, Canada 27 Followers 63 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 54 Followers 130 Discussions
London (Canada), Canada 28 Followers 69 Discussions
Vancouver, Canada 45 Followers 84 Discussions
Montréal, Canada 41 Followers 75 Discussions
Burlington (Canada), Canada 12 Followers 30 Discussions
Montréal, Canada 50 Followers 49 Discussions
St. Catharines, Canada 18 Followers 19 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 54 Followers 107 Discussions

Related Articles

Working in Canada After an MBA

By Seb Murray on Sep 13, 2018

MBA Programs in Canada: Maple Trees, Bacon, and Business Schools?

By M. Filtz on Dec 15, 2010

More Articles

Related Top 10 Lists

More Top 10 Lists

Hot Discussions