South Africa MBA to Work in the Country

c.chaing
Hello,

I am curious about MBA programs in South Africa. Specifically, I would like to do an MBA program in the country with the goal of working there after graduation, preferably in the retail or technology fields. That said, which of these business schools is the best?

Cape Town
Wits
GIBS
Stellenbosch

Any input or suggestions would be appreciated!
Hello,

I am curious about MBA programs in South Africa. Specifically, I would like to do an MBA program in the country with the goal of working there after graduation, preferably in the retail or technology fields. That said, which of these business schools is the best?

Cape Town
Wits
GIBS
Stellenbosch

Duncan
I'm a bit confused. Surely it's already clear to you which of these is the best business school, if you have done a little research online? Are you asking something else?

Try: How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571
I'm a bit confused. Surely it's already clear to you which of these is the best business school, if you have done a little research online? Are you asking something else?

Try: How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571
davidsmart
Hello,

Cape Town
Wits
GIBS
Stellenbosch

In my opinion Cape Town is the best not only for MBA but also for tourism. However personally i would recommend you to do MBA from London.
<blockquote>Hello,

Cape Town
Wits
GIBS
Stellenbosch

Any input or suggestions would be appreciated!</blockquote>

In my opinion Cape Town is the best not only for MBA but also for tourism. However personally i would recommend you to do MBA from London.
Razors Edg...
Cape Town is the only one that's currently ranked in the FT. But it has mediocre standing in terms of international mobility, meaning that either there are a lot of South Africans who take the course and then do not move abroad, or that international students have a mixed success rate in landing jobs in the country. I would check with the schools and ask them directly about the success rates for international students who want to stay and work in the country after graduation.
Cape Town is the only one that's currently ranked in the FT. But it has mediocre standing in terms of international mobility, meaning that either there are a lot of South Africans who take the course and then do not move abroad, or that international students have a mixed success rate in landing jobs in the country. I would check with the schools and ask them directly about the success rates for international students who want to stay and work in the country after graduation.
saraan
Since that time, South Africa has re-occupied its place on the global stage, with the demand for broad-based management skills reaching record highs. The MBA has turned into a sought after qualification and is equipping a brand new generation of South Africans with the tools essential to compete with their international counterparts.
Since that time, South Africa has re-occupied its place on the global stage, with the demand for broad-based management skills reaching record highs. The MBA has turned into a sought after qualification and is equipping a brand new generation of South Africans with the tools essential to compete with their international counterparts.
c.chaing
Ah, it sounds like Cape Town it is. Thanks everybody!
Ah, it sounds like Cape Town it is. Thanks everybody!
I read a lot of discussions here about people choosing to do an MBA in Canada or the US or Australia, etc. but what about South Africa? Does it have a good educational system and is the culture open enough to accept international students / foreigners? I'm somewhat interested in this as a possibility (doing an MBA in South Africa.)
I read a lot of discussions here about people choosing to do an MBA in Canada or the US or Australia, etc. but what about South Africa? Does it have a good educational system and is the culture open enough to accept international students / foreigners? I'm somewhat interested in this as a possibility (doing an MBA in South Africa.)
George Pat...
I heard some civic unrest news lately, so I am not sure South Africa is a safe choice in terms of employment or quality of life. Maybe research it a bit to learn more
I heard some civic unrest news lately, so I am not sure South Africa is a safe choice in terms of employment or quality of life. Maybe research it a bit to learn more
Yes, I've been reading about that. Maybe I'll focus on another country instead. Thanks for the input.
Yes, I've been reading about that. Maybe I'll focus on another country instead. Thanks for the input.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Cape Town, South Africa 22 Followers 31 Discussions
Bellville, South Africa 13 Followers 11 Discussions
Johannesburg, South Africa 20 Followers 8 Discussions
Johannesburg, South Africa 18 Followers 8 Discussions

Related Top 10 Lists

More Top 10 Lists

Hot Discussions