Profile Review - 700 GMAT

PreetiN
I am glad to see that this discussion board is so helpful. I would like a profile review if possible. Here is my profile:

From India (female). I have a degree in engineering with a converted GPA of 3.1

I have worked as a project manager for a telecom for 4 years. I am interested in going into consulting or finance.

What are the best US MBAs that I can apply to?
I am glad to see that this discussion board is so helpful. I would like a profile review if possible. Here is my profile:

From India (female). I have a degree in engineering with a converted GPA of 3.1

I have worked as a project manager for a telecom for 4 years. I am interested in going into consulting or finance.

What are the best US MBAs that I can apply to?
Duncan
Read the post linked from my profile page about GMAT tiers. Broadly speaking, I suggest you look at tier three schools unless you have something else about your profile that schools will find especially valuable.

[Edited by Duncan on Nov 08, 2017]

Read the post linked from my profile page about GMAT tiers. Broadly speaking, I suggest you look at tier three schools unless you have something else about your profile that schools will find especially valuable.
PreetiN
Thank you kindly.

I plan on applying to Pennsylvania State University: Smeal and University of Iowa: Tippie based on your suggestions. However, do you think I have a chance at Boston University? I see that the average GMAT is 680.
Thank you kindly.

I plan on applying to Pennsylvania State University: Smeal and University of Iowa: Tippie based on your suggestions. However, do you think I have a chance at Boston University? I see that the average GMAT is 680.
mba hipste...
I'd say BU would be a borderline reach school for you. Your GPA is a bit lower than average, and you come from an over-represented applicant group.
I'd say BU would be a borderline reach school for you. Your GPA is a bit lower than average, and you come from an over-represented applicant group.

PreetiN
Thank you kindly. :)
Thank you kindly. :)
mba hipste...
A stronger GMAT score would help sway the odds.
A stronger GMAT score would help sway the odds.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

University Park, Pennsylvania 11 Followers 60 Discussions
Iowa City, Iowa 7 Followers 31 Discussions
Boston, Massachusetts 129 Followers 80 Discussions

Related Articles

Is My GMAT Score Good Enough?

By Vanessa Ellingham on Aug 15, 2016

More Articles