Big Data MS vs MBA

I want to study for either an MBA or an MS in Analytics / Big Data and I am not sure which path would be the best.

I am working as an analyst in a financial firm for three years. I am looking to move up the career ladder if you will, and break into management and eventually C suite. I am only 25 right now so the sky is the limit.

My choices include the Master of Science in Business Analytics from NYU or a more general MBA degree from a school like perhaps Notre Dame.

Can anybody advise which of these or another would be best to meet my goals.
I want to study for either an MBA or an MS in Analytics / Big Data and I am not sure which path would be the best.

I am working as an analyst in a financial firm for three years. I am looking to move up the career ladder if you will, and break into management and eventually C suite. I am only 25 right now so the sky is the limit.

My choices include the Master of Science in Business Analytics from NYU or a more general MBA degree from a school like perhaps Notre Dame.

Can anybody advise which of these or another would be best to meet my goals.
Duncan
You will need an MBA. Why not take your time and get into a better school than Notre Dame?
You will need an MBA. Why not take your time and get into a better school than Notre Dame?
Noted! I thought that ND was a solid choice. What else would you suggest?
Noted! I thought that ND was a solid choice. What else would you suggest?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

New York City, New York 133 Followers 235 Discussions
Notre Dame, Indiana 10 Followers 38 Discussions

Related Articles

Emerging MBA Analytics Programs Are a New Breed

By Hannah Augur on Jul 04, 2016

Making Sense of Big Data in an M.S. in Business Analytics

By Emily Cataneo on Apr 20, 2016

More Articles

Related Top 10 Lists

More Top 10 Lists