Warwick MBA Strengths

ProfPlum
Afternoon,

I am heavily considering attending Warwick to study my MBA. Realistically it's the best MBA program I will get into given an average GMAT and good-but-not-great undergrad/MSc results. I also want to stay in the UK and it seems to be the best choice outside of Oxbridge and LBS.

One thing I was wondering though is where Warwick MBA end up. I spoke with the team at WBS and they said a lot go into finance and consulting. They said they have industry links with Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, Credit Suisse, McKinsey, Deloitte and Accenture.

I've looked through the Linkedin alumni page and this just doesn't seem to add up. Hardly any alumni work in the above companies and I can't find any former Warwick MBA that works in McKinsey. This isn't too much of an issue - my background is in innovation funding and I am looking to continue this into a general Corporate Finance or IB role. However, I can't seem to trace many alumni from the Warwick MBA into finance associate positions or similar roles.

Was just wondering if anyone knows what Warwick's strengths are? They seem to put a lot of MBAs into IBM. Do they have much success in placing into banking/IB/corp finance that I'm missing on Linkedin?

Thanks for all your help in advance,

Andy
Afternoon,

I am heavily considering attending Warwick to study my MBA. Realistically it's the best MBA program I will get into given an average GMAT and good-but-not-great undergrad/MSc results. I also want to stay in the UK and it seems to be the best choice outside of Oxbridge and LBS.

One thing I was wondering though is where Warwick MBA end up. I spoke with the team at WBS and they said a lot go into finance and consulting. They said they have industry links with Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, Credit Suisse, McKinsey, Deloitte and Accenture.

I've looked through the Linkedin alumni page and this just doesn't seem to add up. Hardly any alumni work in the above companies and I can't find any former Warwick MBA that works in McKinsey. This isn't too much of an issue - my background is in innovation funding and I am looking to continue this into a general Corporate Finance or IB role. However, I can't seem to trace many alumni from the Warwick MBA into finance associate positions or similar roles.

Was just wondering if anyone knows what Warwick's strengths are? They seem to put a lot of MBAs into IBM. Do they have much success in placing into banking/IB/corp finance that I'm missing on Linkedin?

Thanks for all your help in advance,

Andy
Duncan
I think you have your answer...
I think you have your answer...
ProfPlum
Yeah perhaps. Just seems strange as their MSc Finance is so successful and they obviously have great links with these companies just it doesn't trickle over into the MBA.

Do you know of any reason why this is? There are a vast amount of finance electives I thought that would've given good overlap with the Finance courses and would have opened up those types of opportunities?
Yeah perhaps. Just seems strange as their MSc Finance is so successful and they obviously have great links with these companies just it doesn't trickle over into the MBA.

Do you know of any reason why this is? There are a vast amount of finance electives I thought that would've given good overlap with the Finance courses and would have opened up those types of opportunities?
Duncan
Well, I think they do pretty well but the finance core is very light there and in such a compressed time frame just one term of electives doesn't do anything to bring the students up to where the LBS, Cass, Cranfield and MBS students are. To be honest, Warwick is where you go to avoid quant stuff.
Well, I think they do pretty well but the finance core is very light there and in such a compressed time frame just one term of electives doesn't do anything to bring the students up to where the LBS, Cass, Cranfield and MBS students are. To be honest, Warwick is where you go to avoid quant stuff.
mba hipste...
Good-but-not-great undergrad results are less of an issue than your length and quality of work experience. Depending on that, and if you can re-take the GMAT, you might be able to aim higher.

And if you want to get into Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, etc., then you'll probably want to aim higher.
Good-but-not-great undergrad results are less of an issue than your length and quality of work experience. Depending on that, and if you can re-take the GMAT, you might be able to aim higher.

And if you want to get into Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, etc., then you'll probably want to aim higher.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Coventry, United Kingdom 61 Followers 497 Discussions

Hot Discussions