MBA of Audencia or MSc of ESSEC?

Isa
Hello everyone, I wonder which is more important? to choose a more ranking school or to choose a program? Just as the comparison, I got the admission to Audencia MBA, but I am not sure if there will be a better future if I plan to work in consulting field after graduation, compared with MSc Strategy & Management of International Business of ESSEC. (MBA fee in ESSEC is so high, I cannot afford it. ) The alumni network in ESSEC is a big advantage as reported. So I don't know how to choose. Which is more worthy?

I plan to work for one year in France after graduation and then choose wether stay in France or not. Besides, I have not related working experience about consulting. But I have 3 years working experience in Government and environmental field. I am worried if I can find a consulting job in France after graduation.

I choose France because I like to experience the life in France and want to study in a French native country to practice my French. I have studied a little French but not proficiency. And my boyfriend is living in North Africa and maybe I will live there in the future. So I need to speak French.

Could you please give some suggestion? Thanks in advance.
Hello everyone, I wonder which is more important? to choose a more ranking school or to choose a program? Just as the comparison, I got the admission to Audencia MBA, but I am not sure if there will be a better future if I plan to work in consulting field after graduation, compared with MSc Strategy & Management of International Business of ESSEC. (MBA fee in ESSEC is so high, I cannot afford it. ) The alumni network in ESSEC is a big advantage as reported. So I don't know how to choose. Which is more worthy?

I plan to work for one year in France after graduation and then choose wether stay in France or not. Besides, I have not related working experience about consulting. But I have 3 years working experience in Government and environmental field. I am worried if I can find a consulting job in France after graduation.

I choose France because I like to experience the life in France and want to study in a French native country to practice my French. I have studied a little French but not proficiency. And my boyfriend is living in North Africa and maybe I will live there in the future. So I need to speak French.

Could you please give some suggestion? Thanks in advance.
Duncan
It sounds like you would get more professional leverage in France by learning French. ESSEC is indeed a better school than Audencia but without fluent French what work could you gain there?
It sounds like you would get more professional leverage in France by learning French. ESSEC is indeed a better school than Audencia but without fluent French what work could you gain there?
Isa
Thank you Duncan. I know fluent French is really important to find a job. I wonder:
First, does speaking French fluently count more than the school ? For example, a Andencia student with fluent French or an ESSEC student with basic French, which one does companies prefer?
Second, suppose I can speak French fluently, Audencia MBA and MSc in ESSEC, does companies prefer the specilization or the school tier?
Many thanks!
Thank you Duncan. I know fluent French is really important to find a job. I wonder:
First, does speaking French fluently count more than the school ? For example, a Andencia student with fluent French or an ESSEC student with basic French, which one does companies prefer?
Second, suppose I can speak French fluently, Audencia MBA and MSc in ESSEC, does companies prefer the specilization or the school tier?
Many thanks!
Duncan
An Audencia student with fluent French is much more useful than an ESSEC student with basic French unless the ESSEC student has prior experience that makes their masters unnecessary. An Audencia MBA with fluent French will get around $85k and an ESSEC MSc students more like $55k. The MBA premium for ESSEC is around 30%, so an ESSEC MBA will be around $109k.
An Audencia student with fluent French is much more useful than an ESSEC student with basic French unless the ESSEC student has prior experience that makes their masters unnecessary. An Audencia MBA with fluent French will get around $85k and an ESSEC MSc students more like $55k. The MBA premium for ESSEC is around 30%, so an ESSEC MBA will be around $109k.
Isa
Thank you very much! Duncan. It's much more clear for me now. So helpful.
Thank you very much! Duncan. It's much more clear for me now. So helpful.
Hello Duncan,

I have got offer from DCU Ireland for MSc Business Management and Audencia Business School for International Masters in Management. I also got offer from Coventry London for MBA in International Marketing. i have 3 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering. Now i want to upgrade my role to management side.
I am confused which college to choose, i have gone through the pros cons for all three institutions, which made me more confused in taking proper decison as time is very less to decide.

Audencia Business School: Good ranking, nice exposure and industrial relations with average salary, but French is must. I am a beginer in French.

Dublin City University: Nice college with average reputaion with English language, but getting a job in Ireland post studies is really tough and not easy within stipulated time range.

Coventry London: Good exposure due to its presence in London city centre, English Speaking but expensive city with visa restrictions and max students has to return their home country post studies.

I am from India, and want to do job post studies for some years. Kindly give me soe genuine advise on which college to choose because i am not unable to come on any conclusion
Hello Duncan,

I have got offer from DCU Ireland for MSc Business Management and Audencia Business School for International Masters in Management. I also got offer from Coventry London for MBA in International Marketing. i have 3 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering. Now i want to upgrade my role to management side.
I am confused which college to choose, i have gone through the pros cons for all three institutions, which made me more confused in taking proper decison as time is very less to decide.

Audencia Business School: Good ranking, nice exposure and industrial relations with average salary, but French is must. I am a beginer in French.

Dublin City University: Nice college with average reputaion with English language, but getting a job in Ireland post studies is really tough and not easy within stipulated time range.

Coventry London: Good exposure due to its presence in London city centre, English Speaking but expensive city with visa restrictions and max students has to return their home country post studies.

I am from India, and want to do job post studies for some years. Kindly give me soe genuine advise on which college to choose because i am not unable to come on any conclusion
mba hipste...
Ask Audencia about the success rates of non-French speakers landing jobs after the program. The program's international mobility stats aren't great in the FT, so I'm not sure that the added value of having a ranked program would be super useful to you over studying at an accredited program (DCU) in a country where you speak the language.

Did you apply to any other programs?
Ask Audencia about the success rates of non-French speakers landing jobs after the program. The program's international mobility stats aren't great in the FT, so I'm not sure that the added value of having a ranked program would be super useful to you over studying at an accredited program (DCU) in a country where you speak the language.

Did you apply to any other programs?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Nantes, France 10 Followers 45 Discussions
Cergy-Pontoise, France 27 Followers 146 Discussions

Hot Discussions