GMAT score:700. Which business school from tier 1 & 2?

lost_soul

Hi,
I am a 24 year old female Indian IT engineer. I have graduated with distinction. I am working in a Japanese investment bank, as a software developer from past 2 years. My GMAT score is 700 (Q49, V36). I do not have much to talk in the extra-curriculars front.
Which tier 1 and 2 business schools can i get into? Is my work exp too less? (I will be completing 3 years if and when i start my mba).
PS: My dream school is ISB.

Thanks !!!

Hi,
I am a 24 year old female Indian IT engineer. I have graduated with distinction. I am working in a Japanese investment bank, as a software developer from past 2 years. My GMAT score is 700 (Q49, V36). I do not have much to talk in the extra-curriculars front.
Which tier 1 and 2 business schools can i get into? Is my work exp too less? (I will be completing 3 years if and when i start my mba).
PS: My dream school is ISB.

Thanks !!!
ralph

Your work experience does put you at a distinct disadvantage. You must know that the average work experience at ISB tends to be about five years. And at many ranked schools it's around 4-5 years, generally speaking.

So in order to be competitive at schools where you are under the average work experience, you'll have to significantly outscore the average GMAT scores. So If I were you I would be looking at the bottom of the Businessweek rankings: for instance, NCSU Jenkins has an average GMAT of 634 and average work experience of 3 years.

To be more competitive at better ranked schools, I suggest either waiting another year to apply or re-taking the GMAT, if you feel like you can get 760+.

Your work experience does put you at a distinct disadvantage. You must know that the average work experience at ISB tends to be about five years. And at many ranked schools it's around 4-5 years, generally speaking.

So in order to be competitive at schools where you are under the average work experience, you'll have to significantly outscore the average GMAT scores. So If I were you I would be looking at the bottom of the Businessweek rankings: for instance, NCSU Jenkins has an average GMAT of 634 and average work experience of 3 years.

To be more competitive at better ranked schools, I suggest either waiting another year to apply or re-taking the GMAT, if you feel like you can get 760+.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Hyderabad, India 20 Followers 85 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jun 11, 2020

AMBA Accreditation Awarded to Indian School of Business and EM Strasbourg

News Jun 11, 2020

Hot Discussions