MBA One year in Japan - Hitotsubashi any opinion ?

MBANovice
Greeting to you all,

I would like to get some valuable idea about applying for an MBA in Japan
Currently, I am studying MSc in the UK and might go back to work for a couple of years before applying MBA.

I plan to take only 1 year MBA program which H-ICS offers but would like to hear the opinion from alumni or people who know about this program more than the advertisement on the school website.

My short profile
Total work exp: 5years
Field: Sales and Marketing Consultant (Japanese Automotive Company)

Thank you for sharing your opinion
I am really appreicated
Greeting to you all,

I would like to get some valuable idea about applying for an MBA in Japan
Currently, I am studying MSc in the UK and might go back to work for a couple of years before applying MBA.

I plan to take only 1 year MBA program which H-ICS offers but would like to hear the opinion from alumni or people who know about this program more than the advertisement on the school website.

My short profile
Total work exp: 5years
Field: Sales and Marketing Consultant (Japanese Automotive Company)

Thank you for sharing your opinion
I am really appreicated
Duncan
I have no idea what your goals are, but that's an unusual choice. Did you search the board and read comments on Hitotsubashi?

PS A more internationally-portable alternative is Nanyang-Waseda, since Nanyang is consistently ranked 30-something in the FT global ranking: http://www.nbs.ntu.edu.sg/Programmes/Graduate/NanyangMBA/double-masters/Pages/Nanyang-Waseda-Double-MBA.aspx

[Edited by Duncan on Sep 26, 2019]

I have no idea what your goals are, but that's an unusual choice. Did you search the board and read comments on Hitotsubashi?

PS A more internationally-portable alternative is Nanyang-Waseda, since Nanyang is consistently ranked 30-something in the FT global ranking: http://www.nbs.ntu.edu.sg/Programmes/Graduate/NanyangMBA/double-masters/Pages/Nanyang-Waseda-Double-MBA.aspx
MBANovice
Thank you, Duncan, for your kind opinion

I did read a post about H-ICS, unfortunately, the recent comments are not many. So I would like to hear about the current situation of it.

In general, my goal of MBA is to deepen my understanding of Japanese business practice and my language skill. I would like to stay in Japan for a period (Japanese culture addicted dilemma). I did some minor research and found out that the program H-ICS aligns with my requirements :

1. Taught in English
2. Low tuition fee
3. Diversity (with some Japanese (referred to the post about Hitotsubashi)

I have looked into NBS-WBS program from your recommendation. It looks promising. I will keep it as my alternatives too. Just the high tuition cost and competitiveness of the Singaporean which I concern. Yet, I really appreciate if you elaborate more about your opinion and downside of attending this place Duncan as I am a novice about the MBA world.

Have a nice day
Thank you, Duncan, for your kind opinion

I did read a post about H-ICS, unfortunately, the recent comments are not many. So I would like to hear about the current situation of it.

In general, my goal of MBA is to deepen my understanding of Japanese business practice and my language skill. I would like to stay in Japan for a period (Japanese culture addicted dilemma). I did some minor research and found out that the program H-ICS aligns with my requirements :

1. Taught in English
2. Low tuition fee
3. Diversity (with some Japanese (referred to the post about Hitotsubashi)

I have looked into NBS-WBS program from your recommendation. It looks promising. I will keep it as my alternatives too. Just the high tuition cost and competitiveness of the Singaporean which I concern. Yet, I really appreciate if you elaborate more about your opinion and downside of attending this place Duncan as I am a novice about the MBA world.

Have a nice day
Duncan
What's your nationality? Maybe a Japanese language course could be better?
What's your nationality? Maybe a Japanese language course could be better?
MBANovice
My nationality is Thai. I once had considered Japanese language course. However, I think to study business in Japan will grant me with business insight and etiquette of Japan deeper than just a language course (I plan to study language along with my degree since I know language proficiency is A-must for job opportunity there)

Always appreciated your opinion, Duncan
My nationality is Thai. I once had considered Japanese language course. However, I think to study business in Japan will grant me with business insight and etiquette of Japan deeper than just a language course (I plan to study language along with my degree since I know language proficiency is A-must for job opportunity there)

Always appreciated your opinion, Duncan
Duncan
You won't learn the language deeply while studying in English. A language course will absolutely embed you in the national culture. Many language schools are full of people who are preparing to enter the workforce, and the curriculum reflects that.
You won't learn the language deeply while studying in English. A language course will absolutely embed you in the national culture. Many language schools are full of people who are preparing to enter the workforce, and the curriculum reflects that.
Razors Edg...
Japanese MBA programs are rather niche. What do you plan to do with the degree?
Japanese MBA programs are rather niche. What do you plan to do with the degree?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Related Articles

MBA Programs in Japan: A Shifting Attitude

Oct 24, 2016

Historically, the Japanese business world has scorned MBAs. But that may be changing.

More Articles

Hot Discussions