Profile evaluation for Canadian MBA

Hi, I've recently started exploring Canadian MBA as a good option to pursue higher education and switch from IT to the business side of things.

Here's my profile :
Work ex : 2 years in IT (Software Engineer)
GMAT : 700
Undergrad percentage : 67%
No significant work which might help to boost my profile except for few things in college fests and working for a small startup in college.

Please evaluate my profile for admissions to top Canadian b schools such as Rottman, McGill, ivey and Schulic for 2019 fall admissions.

What else do you think can be improved in the limited time I have in hand before application deadlines in a couple of months.

Thanks
Hi, I've recently started exploring Canadian MBA as a good option to pursue higher education and switch from IT to the business side of things.

Here's my profile :
Work ex : 2 years in IT (Software Engineer)
GMAT : 700
Undergrad percentage : 67%
No significant work which might help to boost my profile except for few things in college fests and working for a small startup in college.

Please evaluate my profile for admissions to top Canadian b schools such as Rottman, McGill, ivey and Schulic for 2019 fall admissions.

What else do you think can be improved in the limited time I have in hand before application deadlines in a couple of months.

Thanks
mba hipste...
Your work experience will be your weak spot, as these schools generally recruit candidates with 5-7 years of experience. Also, IT professionals are over-represented in the applicant groups for these schools, so you'll be up against strong competition.

Showing an upward trajectory during your two years - such as promotions, awards, recognization, etc. - will be of upmost importance.

Otherwise, a strong GMAT score might help mitigate, but only to a degree.
Your work experience will be your weak spot, as these schools generally recruit candidates with 5-7 years of experience. Also, IT professionals are over-represented in the applicant groups for these schools, so you'll be up against strong competition.

Showing an upward trajectory during your two years - such as promotions, awards, recognization, etc. - will be of upmost importance.

Otherwise, a strong GMAT score might help mitigate, but only to a degree.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Montréal, Canada 41 Followers 75 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 54 Followers 130 Discussions

Related Articles

MBA Rankings - Canada

By Michael Filtz on Mar 12, 2018

MBA Programs in Canada: Maple Trees, Bacon, and Business Schools?

By M. Filtz on Dec 15, 2010

More Articles

Related Top 10 Lists

More Top 10 Lists