If you're reading this page, then you've probably been interested in one of my comments on this website and you want a more personal answer than I can give on the discussion board. Let me be up-front about five things:
- I have contributed around 12,000 posts to the site, but need to move on. I am in the final year of my PhD at the University of Edinburgh Business School and need to suspend my teaching and career coaching so that I can focus full-time on writing. I have made all my contributions to the board in my personal time but I have come into a phase where I cannot answer most of the questions posted on the board.
- For disclosure, I am a business psychologist who has been a formal career mentor to high-potential young professionals since 2000. I have an MBA from London Business School, which included MBA elective study with Columbia Business School and the Tuck School at Dartmouth. I have also completed MBA modules at UCLA Anderson, and am UCLA Alumni's international careers counsellor. I also studied at schools in Germany (HHL and the LMU) and France (EDHEC and Lyon Catholic University) and, in the UK, am an alum of the Ashridge (and thus also Hult), Cass, King's College London, University of Newcastle and Manchester business schools. I have further insight from my work as a faculty member at the University of Edinburgh Business School and at Nottingham Business School, where I held a fellowship.
- My colleagues and I love to coach MBA applicants and graduates in their careers. It excites us and we are passionate about it.
- We offer people personalized guidance professionally. If you have a question that can't be answered on the board, and you need an answer, then I will be delighted if you hire us to work with you to find an answer to your question. We can get together on the phone, or we can research your question and get back to you by email. We charge $240 an hour and, where possible, we will use an assistant to cut the cost to you.
- We help you get the resources and relationships you, and your company will need to succeed commercially. We are focused on helping you identify your goals and get into the schools that are the best fit for those goals. Your goals are specific to you, so generic guidance will only go so far.
To hire us, just use Paypal.com to send a payment of $240 to [email protected] and then email the same address with some times that work for you, and tell us your questions. On the call, you can choose between either a 60-minute session with a recording or a 45-minute session with a written transcript. We'll get back to you the next working day, and often the same day (If you don't want to hire us, please don't message me. Instead, keep reading).
That said, I do understand that not everyone can afford to pay. These pages answer most of the questions that cannot be answered by reading schools' websites or by searching the board: The top six are the most important.
GMAT Tiers - strong schools for your GMAT www.find-mba.com/board/27082
Best schools for international students' placement http://www.find-mba.com/board/41143
Do you need to speak the local language? www.find-mba.com/board/34713
How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571
Why you should take the GMAT http://bit.ly/WhyGMAT
Shortcut to find the best US MBA www.find-mba.com/board/36065
Value alternatives to unaccredited MBAs? https://find-mba.com/board/distance-learning/value-alternatives-to-unaccredited-mbas-58288
Is there an efficient frontier in MBA selection? http://bit.ly/MBAfro
Specialisations often don't matter http://bit.ly/speMBA
Average salaries before the MBA http://bit.ly/PreMBApay
CHE ranking of German universities of applied science http://www.find-mba.com/board/27248
ESSEC on placements for international students http://bit.ly/ESSECjobs
France: Top 20 Grande Ecoles masters ranking www.find-mba.com/board/31232
French b-school ranking from Challenges 2012 http://bit.ly/MBA_FR
French b-school ranking from Challenges www.find-mba.com/board/23297
I visited EDHEC www.find-mba.com/board/34886
I visited Manchester Business School www.find-mba.com/board/33491
International students and working in the UK http://bit.ly/1RGJIoH
Luxury & Luxury Brand Management http://www.find-mba.com/board/24603
Online Harvard courses for pre-MBA prep www.find-mba.com/board/35433
Pre-experience masters in the USA www.find-mba.com/board/23411
The sad facts about scholarships http://www.find-mba.com/board/37055
Tips from a European top 10 MBA in the US http://www.find-mba.com/board/39577
Top English-language bachelors' degrees in Europe http://bit.ly/BBA_EU
Waitlisted: how to get a seat. http://bit.ly/MBAwait
Which European MBA with your GMAT? http://bit.ly/MBA_EU
Which MSc's are better than pre-experience 'Freshers' MBAs? www.find-mba.com/board/22783
Which schools start when http://www.find-mba.com/board/41131
Why freshers' MBAs are worse than MiM degrees from better schools http://www.find-mba.com/board/38133
Why international accreditation matters http://www.find-mba.com/board/41224
|EDHEC||Executive MBA (Weekends)||
|London Business School (LBS)||Executive MBA||
|ESADE - Barcelona||MBA||admitted||---||---||---|
|RSM Rotterdam||International MBA||admitted||---||---||---|
|UCLA - Anderson||Executive MBA||admitted||---||---||---|