University of Delaware - Alfred Lerner College of Business & Economics - Online MBA
303 Alfred Lerner Hall
Newark, DE 19716
Lerner MBA Students
Earn Your MBA in Just 16 Months.
Career-Focused Degree Options In Finance • Healthcare • Strategic Leadership • International Business • Customized
Experience the power of an AACSB-accredited, online MBA driven by the precise industry knowledge and analytic tools you need to lead your organization towards continued growth and success. The online MBA from The University of Delaware aligns directly to your career aspirations by providing a solid foundation in business expertise, and building industry knowledge through concentrated coursework. You’ll confidently solve today’s business challenges with innovative decision-making skills, new analytical tools, and creative thought processes.
The University of Delaware’s MBA program is entirely online — so you can attend class where and when it’s most convenient for you.
Career-Focused Degree Options:
Customize your MBA with a curriculum that best serves your career goals.
- Finance Concentration: Learn to maximize your firm’s value by acquiring and optimizing funds. You’ll study financial management, analysis, and reporting, and gain expertise in corporate, investment, and international finance.
- Healthcare Concentration and Major: Gain a competitive edge in solving the critical issues of the healthcare profession and learn to operate in today’s health systems, including informatics, e-service, and patient experience. Gain a deeper focus with additional courses in the Healthcare major.
- Strategic Leadership Concentration: Go beyond management to learn the skills and capacities needed to influence others, manage change, set strategic direction, build teams, support networks, and navigate the complex analytical and human dimensions inherent in any leadership role.
- International Business Concentration: Conduct and expand business across the globe and build an international network of friends and colleagues. Study marketplace globalization and international financial management.
- Customize Your Degree. Combine any two or three degree options, or tailor your selected electives to your personal career needs.
UD's Online MBA Program Benefits:
- May qualify to waive the GMAT and fees
- Scholarships available for qualified students
- Earn your degree in as few as 16 months
- Learn within intensive, 7-week courses
- Entirely online — learn when and where it’s convenient for you
- Gain admission with any undergraduate background
- Gain access to a personal career coach and all other available student services
- Learn from PhD-qualified faculty with extensive education and industry experience
The University of Delaware prides itself on being at the forefront of research and innovation. With roots tracing back to 1743, UD today tackles the most compelling challenges of our time, actively preparing graduates for a rewarding career in today's global arena. UD offers a learning environment designed to help build leadership potential through discovery-based learning, applied research and dynamic skill building.
A state-assisted land-grant, sea-grant and space-grant university, UD is actively engaged in the critical needs of our state, our nation and the global community as a whole. This dedication to discovery, development and advancement enables our faculty of active practitioners to design curriculum at the forefront of their respective fields of expertise.
Advance with Distinction
The University of Delaware does more than build skills to help our graduates advance professionally. Our faculty members are distinguished leaders in their fields, dedicated to preparing students to tackle matters of great consequence. At UD, students have the opportunity to earn a degree from a university that upholds a distinguished history of scholastic and research leadership. UD enjoys the following recognitions:
- One of fewer than 3% of U.S. institutions with a Carnegie classification of very high research activity1
- Ranked 30th in U.S. News and World Report’s “Top Public Schools” in 2017
- Designated as the 30th best public college in Forbes’"America's Top Colleges Ranking 2017
- A Kiplinger's 2017 Best Value College
- Distinguished alumni include elected officials, inventors, leaders in industry and service agencies, and signers of both the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution
Take charge of your future as a leader and visionary in your field with an online degree from UD.
The Business School
For more than 50 years, the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics has been fully accredited by AACSB International, the highest standard of accreditation for business schools in the world, and a distinction fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide have earned.
Faculty members teaching in the online MBA are expert educators as well as experienced business professionals. Below are just a few of their accomplishments and honors.
Burt Abrams received the 2014 Silver Medal Independent Publisher Book (IPPY) Award for Finance/Investment/Economics as well as Honorable Mention in the 2014 Eric Hoffer Book Award Grand Prize for his book The Terrible 10: A Century of Economic Folly.
Srikanth Beldona was listed as one of 2015’s Top 25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Hospitality Marketing by Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI).
Christine Kydd received the Delaware Professor of the Year Award in 2003, awarded by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and Council for Advancement and Support of Education.
Ali Poorani is a board member of the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (ICHRIE).
John Sawyer received the Academy of Management Innovation Award in 2001.
Daniel Sullivan serves on the editorial board of the Journal of International Business Studies.
Sharon Watson is an editorial board member of the Journal of International Management.
The admissions requirements for this program are:
- A bachelor's degree in any academic background from a regionally accredited institution
- GPA of at least 2.8
- 2 years of work experience
- GRE/GMAT scores. An exam waiver is available based on GPA, work, and math education history. An exam waiver may also be available to bachelor's graduates of the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics at UD. Speak to an admissions counselor to see if you qualify for an exam waiver.
Tuition and Fees
The tuition for this program is $812.50 per credit hour. If you choose the general or one concentration degree option (44 credit-hours), total tuition is $35,750. Total tuition increases if you select a double or triple concentration degree option. The double concentration degree option is 47 credits; a total of $38,187.50.
We recognize earning your master's degree is a significant investment. Here are some things to keep in mind as you plan your budget and financing:
- Unlike aid for undergraduate programs, federal financial aid for graduate programs is not determined based on need. Graduate students may borrow up to $20,500 per year.
- After you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time enrollment, you will have a six-month grace period before you are required to begin repayment, which may allow you to settle into a new career before repaying loans.
- Other potential tuition savings opportunities include corporate partner tuition discounts, military discounts and the Dean’s Merit Scholarship.
- For qualified candidates, GMAT and/or GRE waivers may be available.
- Find out if your organization offers tuition reimbursement.
- To learn about more potential funding opportunities, visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types and http://www.finaid.org.