MBA in Florida

Hi there,

I have an MA in Economics and 10 years of experience in business and economic consulting from outside the US, and looking to do an MBA in Florida mainly to find a good job in Miami and relocate there.
I'm considering the University of Florida (Hough) full or part time MBAs for this purpose.
Is this a good option given my goal? Is their career support office any help?
Any further recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Daniel.

Hi there,

I have an MA in Economics and 10 years of experience in business and economic consulting from outside the US, and looking to do an MBA in Florida mainly to find a good job in Miami and relocate there.
I'm considering the University of Florida (Hough) full or part time MBAs for this purpose.
Is this a good option given my goal? Is their career support office any help?
Any further recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Daniel.
mba hipste...

In general, full-time MBA programs are better than part-time MBA programs if you're looking to change location.

Hough is a great school. However, it's not really near Miami; you do realize this, right? Ask the school if it has Miami-based recruiters, and if it's a feasible goal to want to relocate to Miami after the program.

Otherwise, you may want to look into these Miami-based options as potential alternatives:

Florida International University
University of Miami School of Business

Both are ranked in Businessweek, although neither as high as Hough.

In general, full-time MBA programs are better than part-time MBA programs if you're looking to change location.

Hough is a great school. However, it's not really near Miami; you do realize this, right? Ask the school if it has Miami-based recruiters, and if it's a feasible goal to want to relocate to Miami after the program.

Otherwise, you may want to look into these Miami-based options as potential alternatives:

Florida International University
University of Miami School of Business

Both are ranked in Businessweek, although neither as high as Hough.

Thanks a lot hipster!
Very helpful info and tips.
I did know about the distance ;)
Will contact all programs for further info.

Thanks a lot hipster!
Very helpful info and tips.
I did know about the distance ;)
Will contact all programs for further info.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Coral Gables, Florida 21 Followers 20 Discussions

Other Related Content

May 24, 2021

Four Business Schools Receive EQUIS Accreditation

News May 24, 2021

Hot Discussions