To Become a Leader in the Pharmaceutical Industory

AnnieJP

Hi. I'm working at a pharmaceutical company as a sales rep now. I'm trying to enter the online MBA course in 2021 in UK, so I'm trying to narrow the options down to about 5 schools. I'd be very thankful if someone give me advises for me.

Background:
-36 years old Japanese with 10 years of work experience for total
-I used to work in telecommunication industory for 5 years and was a project leader.
-I'm thinking to take an online MBA because I can't go abroad with many reasons
-£22,000 might be the maximum tuition I can afford.

My Goals:
-I want to be a grobal leader of my company (it's a company of J&J).
-Not concidering to change the industory; I'm stick with Healthcare industory
-I wamt to study about leadership and management a lot.
-Notnot interested in working in UK unless told to do so.
-Bedides being a good leader, I also want mentoring and training subordinate.
-I'm hoping to get promoted and become a leader in my company. Most of the top leaders in my company seem to have an MBA degree. Also, I was encourage to get one by the executives.

For now, I'm thinking thise schools below;
-Durham
-Birmingham
-Strathclyde
-Notthingham Trent
-Oxford Brooks

But I'm also interested in;
-The Open Uni
-Northampton Uni

Am I missing anything so far? If so, please give me some advice,
Forgive me, maybe I wrote too much!

Regards,

Hi. I'm working at a pharmaceutical company as a sales rep now. I'm trying to enter the online MBA course in 2021 in UK, so I'm trying to narrow the options down to about 5 schools. I'd be very thankful if someone give me advises for me.

Background:
-36 years old Japanese with 10 years of work experience for total
-I used to work in telecommunication industory for 5 years and was a project leader.
-I'm thinking to take an online MBA because I can't go abroad with many reasons
-£22,000 might be the maximum tuition I can afford.

My Goals:
-I want to be a grobal leader of my company (it's a company of J&J).
-Not concidering to change the industory; I'm stick with Healthcare industory
-I wamt to study about leadership and management a lot.
-Notnot interested in working in UK unless told to do so.
-Bedides being a good leader, I also want mentoring and training subordinate.
-I'm hoping to get promoted and become a leader in my company. Most of the top leaders in my company seem to have an MBA degree. Also, I was encourage to get one by the executives.

For now, I'm thinking thise schools below;
-Durham
-Birmingham
-Strathclyde
-Notthingham Trent
-Oxford Brooks

But I'm also interested in;
-The Open Uni
-Northampton Uni

Am I missing anything so far? If so, please give me some advice,
Forgive me, maybe I wrote too much!

Regards,
Duncan

Boston is a top business school for healthcare. Why are you ruling out foreign schools?

Boston is a top business school for healthcare. Why are you ruling out foreign schools?
AnnieJP

Ducan,

Thanks for the reply.

I ruled out foreign schools like US because of the tuition, GMAT, and duration of the courses.

Boston looks attractive, but unfortunately I've already paid to an agency specialized in UK...

I should've to post a comment sooner, but I hope there are still suitable schools for me. What do you think?

Ducan,
<div>
</div><div>Thanks for the reply.
</div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>&nbsp;I ruled out foreign schools like US because of the tuition, GMAT, and duration of the courses.
</div><div>
</div><div>Boston looks attractive, but unfortunately I've already paid to an agency specialized in UK...
</div><div>
</div><div>I should've to post a comment sooner, but I hope there are still suitable schools for me. What do you think?</div>
Duncan

Imagine if this agency worked for you, and did what you wanted. rather than you doing what they told you :) 

BU is shorter and cheaper than worse UK options. If you don't have 50 hours for the GMAT, perhaps you don't have 1500 hours for an MBA. 

[Edited by Duncan on Dec 14, 2020]

Imagine if this agency worked for you, and did what you wanted. rather than you doing what they told you :)&nbsp;<br><br><br>BU is shorter and cheaper than worse UK options. If you don't have 50 hours for the GMAT, perhaps you don't have 1500 hours for an MBA.&nbsp;
aslamo

I presume by J&J you mean Johnson & Johnson? If you don't want to move company, have you asked your current employer about sponsoring you and making a contribution to your tuition fees? You might be able to afford a better programme then. Also, if most of your employer's existing leaders have an MBA, is there a pattern of what schools they recruit from which might help with your choice?

I presume by J&amp;J you mean Johnson &amp; Johnson? If you don't want to move company, have you asked your current employer about sponsoring you and making a contribution to your tuition fees? You might be able to afford a better programme then. Also, if most of your employer's existing leaders have an MBA, is there a pattern of what schools they recruit from which might help with your choice?
StuartHE

Nothing-ham Trent. Ouch!

Nothing-ham Trent. Ouch!
AnnieJP

Ducan,

Yeah maybe you're right.  I have to be prepared to set aside to work on MBA!
You motivated me a lot. Thanks :-)

Ducan,<br><br>Yeah maybe you're right.&nbsp; I have to be prepared to set aside to work on MBA!<br>You motivated me a lot. Thanks :-)
AnnieJP

aslamo,

Thank you for your comment.  Yes, it means Johnson&Johnson, and I actually asked HR for sponsoring the programme.  There might be a hope for me!  I've never thought about it...thanks!

aslamo,<br><br>Thank you for your comment.&nbsp; Yes, it means Johnson&amp;Johnson, and I actually asked HR for sponsoring the programme.&nbsp; There might be a hope for me!&nbsp; I've never thought about it...thanks!<br>
AnnieJP

StuartHE,

You don't reccoment Nottingham Trent, I suppose??

<div>
StuartHE,</div><br><br><div>You don't reccoment Nottingham Trent, I suppose??
</div><div><br></div>
StuartHE

For a global leadership role, you really want the best school available to you. Nottingham Trent isn't that. 

For a global leadership role, you really want the best school available to you. Nottingham Trent isn't that.&nbsp;

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Durham, United Kingdom 60 Followers 332 Discussions

Other Related Content

Feb 12, 2020

QS to Hold MBA Application Events in Europe This Spring

News Feb 12, 2020

Hot Discussions