Necessity of MBA degree for Automotive industry

Hello,

Background: Chinese, Master degree from Swedish University, work in Automotive industry for 8 years as powertrain engineer, including one year product owner.

The company will send me to China as expatriate for two years as Project leader. I am planning to study MBA during the period. Currently really interested in Global MBA of Manchester Business School due to its flexibility and reasonable tuition fee.

Puzzle in my mind: After those two years with MBA degree, what can I do in the automotive industry? Will it help for me to be promoted to management level in Europe?
Or is it possible for me to change to other industry, IT company or energy field?

Any comment is welcome!

Best Regards,
Bincheng
Hello,

Background: Chinese, Master degree from Swedish University, work in Automotive industry for 8 years as powertrain engineer, including one year product owner.

The company will send me to China as expatriate for two years as Project leader. I am planning to study MBA during the period. Currently really interested in Global MBA of Manchester Business School due to its flexibility and reasonable tuition fee.

Puzzle in my mind: After those two years with MBA degree, what can I do in the automotive industry? Will it help for me to be promoted to management level in Europe?
Or is it possible for me to change to other industry, IT company or energy field?

Any comment is welcome!

Best Regards,
Bincheng
Duncan
It's hard to give a certain answer. Look at the roles that MBAs, ideally from MBS, have in that industry. LinkedIn will show that any good MBa certainly helps promotion and helps to change industry.
It's hard to give a certain answer. Look at the roles that MBAs, ideally from MBS, have in that industry. LinkedIn will show that any good MBa certainly helps promotion and helps to change industry.

Thanks a lot! Duncan. I will try read more on in the internet regarding MBA.
[quote]It's hard to give a certain answer. Look at the roles that MBAs, ideally from MBS, have in that industry. LinkedIn will show that any good MBa certainly helps promotion and helps to change industry. [/quote]

Thanks a lot! Duncan. I will try read more on in the internet regarding MBA.

Reply to Post

Hot Discussions