Saint Mary's University of Minnesota - Online MBA
700 Terrace Heights
Winona, MN 55987-1399
Today’s rapidly changing business world demands new skills, new knowledge, and specialization. An online Master of Business Administration degree from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota gives you an affordable, accelerated path to acquiring these tools. Gain a deeper understanding of today’s business issues — and skills you can immediately apply toward meeting your career goals.
Unlike most other online MBA programs, Saint Mary’s accelerated MBA online offers both a general MBA path and the option to select one of three areas of emphasis that builds specialized expertise coveted by employers. They are:
- Data Analytics
- Social Media Management and Marketing
- Sustainability and Environmental Management
Every Saint Mary’s MBA student graduates with an education focused on management and leadership, as well as the knowledge to:
- Apply quantitative analysis and economic theory
- Communicate effectively across various modes and to a variety of audiences
- Exhibit pragmatic decision-making skills and the ability to apply evidence-based solutions
- Contribute to your organization’s success through a broad knowledge of business
- Make an impact and lead organizational improvement
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is a private, nonprofit university. Our students’ success is the core of our concern.
Students choose Saint Mary’s for any number of reasons, among them: our welcoming community; our commitment to walking alongside each student, every step of the way; our intentional focus on practical, hands-on learning experiences; and our dedication to helping students form connections that will guide them in their post-graduate lives.
Our undergraduate, residential, liberal arts college offers 58 majors at our 400-acre Winona Campus. Convenient graduate, bachelor's completion, and certificate programs are offered at our Twin Cities and Winona campuses, Rochester or other regional locations, and online. We are mission-driven, committed to abandoning elitism, embracing respect, and being dedicated to every person. We are the university for students who are ready to grow and who know that with the right opportunities they can build the future they want.
The Business School
The Graduate School of Business and Technology at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is dedicated to graduating creative business and technology leaders who have a sophisticated and ethical global view.
Faculty are not only scholars but also skilled practitioners. Master’s degrees, the Doctorate in Business Administration, and graduate certificates are offered. Programs are offered at Saint Mary’s Twin Cities Campus, Rochester Center, and other locations, as well as online.
Whether you’re looking for a doctorate, M.B.A., or bachelor's degree, most students choose us for very practical reasons. But once they enroll and attend, they experience a transformation and a supportive community that values their experience and perspective. It’s an education that empowers. We’ll be there as the goals you initially set are met, and we’ll help you work toward ones you never even imagined.
- An undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- An overall grade-point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale.
- Demonstrated English language proficiency
- A completed application form and a $25.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts in sealed envelopes directly from all undergraduate degree bearing institutions and graduate credit granting institutions.
- A personal statement that includes a brief description of your background, training, and experience.
- A current résumé listing your educational background and work experience.
- Two letters of reference or recommendation that verify your professional and/or volunteer experience and your academic ability.
To apply for federal financial aid:
- Get a personal identification number (PIN) from the U.S. Department of Education. You can choose to receive your PIN, which serves as your electronic signature on all federal financial aid documents, instantly by e-mail or by postal mail.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
- When prompted, enter Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota Federal School Code:002380
You will receive an award letter with information about your financial aid package. Other sources of financial assistance include scholarships and employer tuition reimbursement.
For more information on scholarship opportunities, click here.
When your program begins, you will receive a welcome e-mail directing you to your online classroom available through our online learning environment, the hub of your online student life at Saint Mary’s. The online environment is an easy-to-use course management and content-sharing tool available to you and your instructors around the clock. You will not need to download or install software on your computer; the environment is available online from any Internet-connected computer.
Although certain professors may ask you to use other freely available online tools, such as wikis, blogs, and social media discussion forums, you will use the online learning interface to access your course materials, such as syllabi, readings, and assignments. You will also use it to communicate with your professors and classmates by e-mail, virtual chats, and lively online discussions, as well as to submit assignments and access Saint Mary’s library. Depending on your program and class, some professors may also assign tests and quizzes and confidentially post your grades.
Programs at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota - Online MBA
Related MBA News
AACSB Accreditation Awarded to 11 Business Schools
Feb 23, 2018
Do Entrepreneurs need MBAs? The Benefits of an MBA in Entrepreneurship
By Vanessa Ellingham on Jan 25, 2018
MBA programs are beefing up their entrepreneurship offerings—but do you really need an MBA to launch a startup?
Europe: The Next MBA Frontier for Americans?
By B. Xu on Jan 17, 2018
As tuition in the US increases and visa policies strain employment prospects, some students are looking to places like Europe for their MBA.
8 Reasons To Get An MBA
By Vanessa Ellingham on Nov 27, 2017
From moving to a new country to developing an international network, here are some reasons why people pursue MBA programs