1 year MBA in the US - employment / career options in the US

KevlarKev
Question: is it assured that we can get the normal OPT visa if we do a 1 year MBA?
Question: is it assured that we can get the normal OPT visa if we do a 1 year MBA?
laurie

Typically, you'll need to complete a "full academic year" of studies in the US in order to apply for the OPT visa.

I'd imagine that most (if not all) of the reputable 1 year MBAs in the US meet this requirement. However, you should check with the schools you're interested in, to verify.

Keep in mind that nothing is 'assured.' You'll still need to apply for the visa, which includes getting an I‑20 endorsement from your school and then file all the relevant paperwork. These are normally perfunctory steps but you never know.
[quote]Question: is it assured that we can get the normal OPT visa if we do a 1 year MBA? [/quote]
Typically, you'll need to complete a "full academic year" of studies in the US in order to apply for the OPT visa.

I'd imagine that most (if not all) of the reputable 1 year MBAs in the US meet this requirement. However, you should check with the schools you're interested in, to verify.

Keep in mind that nothing is 'assured.' You'll still need to apply for the visa, which includes getting an I‑20 endorsement from your school and then file all the relevant paperwork. These are normally perfunctory steps but you never know.
Ayon

You'd still need to apply for OPT which needs to get approved from USCIS. OPT is not a visa. Visa is required for you to enter the country which would be your F-1 (student). Read my earlier posts in this thread. I have explained it in great detail.
[quote]Question: is it assured that we can get the normal OPT visa if we do a 1 year MBA? [/quote]

You'd still need to apply for OPT which needs to get approved from USCIS. OPT is not a visa. Visa is required for you to enter the country which would be your F-1 (student). Read my earlier posts in this thread. I have explained it in great detail.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Atlanta, Georgia 30 Followers 62 Discussions
Notre Dame, Indiana 12 Followers 39 Discussions
Ithaca, New York 77 Followers 127 Discussions

Related Articles

Shorter, Faster, Better? One-Year MBA Programs in the US

Apr 27, 2015

A growing number of US-based business schools are offering one-year MBAs. How do they stack up to their two-year counterparts?

More Articles

Related Top 10 Lists

More Top 10 Lists

Hot Discussions