B-school for mid-2012 intake

Greenbuns
Hello people,
I would like to get your opinion on my profile for MBA application. I am looking for a program : a 1 year (preferably) MBA from top B -schools that would translate to better job opportunities. Brand value, teaching quality, and high paying jobs are my ranking parameters. Please advice on the best B-schools to go for as per my qualifications. Thanks!

GMAT 750 (i think i messed up with my essays - score not yet received)
31 months of telecom service industry experience till Feb 2011. Was a good performer and took initiatives for my team. Taken a break due to personal reasons - Marriage and house work etc. As of now, trying to understand and develop my father-in-law's small business(supplying and maintenance of Firefighting equipment).
Bachelor of Engineering at Undergraduate with First Class Hons.
I have always been involved in sports at school, college and even at work.
Hello people,
I would like to get your opinion on my profile for MBA application. I am looking for a program : a 1 year (preferably) MBA from top B -schools that would translate to better job opportunities. Brand value, teaching quality, and high paying jobs are my ranking parameters. Please advice on the best B-schools to go for as per my qualifications. Thanks!

GMAT 750 (i think i messed up with my essays - score not yet received)
31 months of telecom service industry experience till Feb 2011. Was a good performer and took initiatives for my team. Taken a break due to personal reasons - Marriage and house work etc. As of now, trying to understand and develop my father-in-law's small business(supplying and maintenance of Firefighting equipment).
Bachelor of Engineering at Undergraduate with First Class Hons.
I have always been involved in sports at school, college and even at work.
Duncan
Well, a 750 GMAT is actually quite high. Most of the schools that have a fairly young cohort with fairly high GMAT scores are two year programmes like Toronto, IIM-A, Stanford, Harvard, Northwestern, Brigham Young, IESE and Iowa. That's because students like you normally benefit from the strengths of longer programmes: longer internships, and international exchange programme and more team projects.

However, some good one-year programmes are available in Europe for people with your profile: Oxford, Cambridge, Cranfield and IMD. I would also look at the one year MBA at Purdue, the MSIA (the same programme is run by Purdue at GISMA, but that leads to the better-understood MBA degree, rather than the MSIA).
Well, a 750 GMAT is actually quite high. Most of the schools that have a fairly young cohort with fairly high GMAT scores are two year programmes like Toronto, IIM-A, Stanford, Harvard, Northwestern, Brigham Young, IESE and Iowa. That's because students like you normally benefit from the strengths of longer programmes: longer internships, and international exchange programme and more team projects.

However, some good one-year programmes are available in Europe for people with your profile: Oxford, Cambridge, Cranfield and IMD. I would also look at the one year MBA at Purdue, the MSIA (the same programme is run by Purdue at GISMA, but that leads to the better-understood MBA degree, rather than the MSIA).

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Stanford, California 79 Followers 164 Discussions
Ahmedabad, India 11 Followers 76 Discussions
Hannover, Germany 15 Followers 62 Discussions
Cambridge, United Kingdom 38 Followers 242 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 64 Followers 104 Discussions
Oxford, United Kingdom 56 Followers 238 Discussions
Bedford, United Kingdom 39 Followers 323 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 25 Followers 141 Discussions
Provo, Utah 20 Followers 40 Discussions
Boston, Massachusetts 66 Followers 198 Discussions