I am an Indian dentist looking to foray into management roles and grow within healthcare organizations. Currently, I work in Qatar but I intend to leave the country within the following year.
A little about me:
- completed a masters in dentistry in 2016 (from India)
- work experience of almost 5 years (India and Qatar)
- have not undertaken the GMAT or GRE.
What I'm looking for:
- A management program that is known for its healthcare electives/specialization and faculty.
- Employability in the local market (where the Institution is based) and global markets.
My doubts are (not limited to) the following:
- Is it important to pursue an MBA degree from a triple crown accredited institution to achieve the aforementioned?
- How does employability work? Is it based on the University/Faculty reputation or the alumni network or something else altogether?
- I've come to understand that MBA was designed to be a "generalist" degree. Would pursuing an MBA with a specialization other than healthcare hinder my chances of moving into the healthcare sector?
- Would a Masters of Management or Masters of Business Management hold the same opportunities and growth scopes as an MBA would?
I apologize if my questions seem vague but I'm trying to understand more about the pathway I need to take affirmatively.
[Edited by hermitcrab on Apr 24, 2022]