DBA

Lomi
Dear All,

I really appreciate your support and help for my question,
I had completed about 75% of MBA from Heriot-watt university and will be completed within the next three months.
May be the choice wasn’t the good one but my concern was to invest in DBA program from reputable accredited university.
I had 10 years experience in hospital management field and currently based on Dubai but I planned to move to Europe for studying the DBA and after that don’t know either will have an opportunity to work or will return back home.
I won’t change my career field just I wanna to support my experience with the DBA.

Thanks in advance
Dear All,

I really appreciate your support and help for my question,
I had completed about 75% of MBA from Heriot-watt university and will be completed within the next three months.
May be the choice wasn’t the good one but my concern was to invest in DBA program from reputable accredited university.
I had 10 years experience in hospital management field and currently based on Dubai but I planned to move to Europe for studying the DBA and after that don’t know either will have an opportunity to work or will return back home.
I won’t change my career field just I wanna to support my experience with the DBA.

Thanks in advance
Duncan
Hi Franco. Which schools are you considering for your DBA, and why do you want one? I strongly recommend you look at AACSB-accredited schools if you want to teach in business schools. Is there a part-time PhD program that suits you? The PhD is better understood than the DBA.
Hi Franco. Which schools are you considering for your DBA, and why do you want one? I strongly recommend you look at AACSB-accredited schools if you want to teach in business schools. Is there a part-time PhD program that suits you? The PhD is better understood than the DBA.
Lomi
Thank you Duncan for your reply, I was thinking about the DBA program offered by Manchester business school and Bradford university.
What do you think more powerful the PhD or DBA?
Also my main concern, will I face an obstacles in admission due to low ranked MBA school or no?
My main goal is to provide more support to my knowledge and experience in business management.
Although it is not the main goal but also am thinking about relocation in Europe.
Thanks
Thank you Duncan for your reply, I was thinking about the DBA program offered by Manchester business school and Bradford university.
What do you think more powerful the PhD or DBA?
Also my main concern, will I face an obstacles in admission due to low ranked MBA school or no?
My main goal is to provide more support to my knowledge and experience in business management.
Although it is not the main goal but also am thinking about relocation in Europe.
Thanks
Duncan
If you don't want to teach then it doesn't really matter. Bradford and Manchester are very good.
If you don't want to teach then it doesn't really matter. Bradford and Manchester are very good.
Lomi
Thank you Duncan for your useful information shared.
I had read some of your comments concerning DBA and you mentioned in one of them that the university may not accept the MBA from HW due to lack of accreditation and may ask to retake an accredited one, what is the possibility of this?
And what you suggest to overide this situation.

Thanks
Thank you Duncan for your useful information shared.
I had read some of your comments concerning DBA and you mentioned in one of them that the university may not accept the MBA from HW due to lack of accreditation and may ask to retake an accredited one, what is the possibility of this?
And what you suggest to overide this situation.

Thanks
Duncan
I am not sure what you mean about retakes. Just attend a AACSB school.
I am not sure what you mean about retakes. Just attend a AACSB school.
mba hipste...

Do you think that a DBA is really the best way to go about fulfilling these goals? Why not just do an MBA from an accredited school, and use the school's career services to help you find a job?

Unless you plan on teaching or doing some other kind of academic work I don't really think the DBA is that valuable of a degree.
[quote]My main goal is to provide more support to my knowledge and experience in business management.

[/quote]
Do you think that a DBA is really the best way to go about fulfilling these goals? Why not just do an MBA from an accredited school, and use the school's career services to help you find a job?

Unless you plan on teaching or doing some other kind of academic work I don't really think the DBA is that valuable of a degree.
Duncan
Excellent point. A doctorate will teach you research skills rather than business management. You will create a very small amount of knowledge rather than acquire very much.
Excellent point. A doctorate will teach you research skills rather than business management. You will create a very small amount of knowledge rather than acquire very much.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Edinburgh, United Kingdom 23 Followers 70 Discussions