The FT's hidden ranking of second-tier schools

Duncan

The FT publishes a ranking of the top 100 full-time MBAs but, of course, it has to consider more than 100 schools to find the best 100. In its European Business Schools ranking, published annually, it ranks the major MBA programmes, including a dozen or so that didn't get into the top 100. http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/european-business-school-rankings-2019

In the current ranking, it uses the 2019 full-time MBA data. The schools that didn't get into the 2019 ranking at listed below. After each school, you'll see the ranking of its MBA in Europe, and the average salary.

At the bottom of the rankings, the schools are very tightly clustered, so I have sorted them by salary. I think that's a better guide to the selectivity and quality of the programmes.

Edhec Business School France 30 $98,931
Vlerick Business School Belgium 32 $97,296
University of Bath School of Management UK 34 $94,397
Eada Business School Barcelona Spain 30 $93,585
Leeds University Business School UK 37 $92,517
Copenhagen Business School Denmark 35 $91,147
University of Strathclyde Business School UK 37 $90,466
Audencia Business School France 40 $88,901
Tias School, Tilburg University The Netherlands 39 $88,567
Birmingham Business School UK 36 $87,442
Nyenrode Business Universiteit The Netherlands 32 $80,072
Politecnico di Milano School of Management Italy 41 $79,808

PS It will be worth updating this list when the 2020 European ranking comes out at the end of the year.

[Edited by Duncan on Apr 13, 2020]

The FT publishes a ranking of the top 100 full-time MBAs but, of course, it has to consider more than 100 schools to find the best 100. In its European Business Schools ranking, published annually, it ranks the major MBA programmes, including a dozen or so that didn't get into the top 100. http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/european-business-school-rankings-2019

In the current ranking, it uses the 2019 full-time MBA data. The schools that didn't get into the 2019 ranking at listed below. After each school, you'll see the ranking of its MBA in Europe, and the average salary.

At the bottom of the rankings, the schools are very tightly clustered, so I have sorted them by salary. I think that's a better guide to the selectivity and quality of the programmes.

Edhec Business School France 30 $98,931
Vlerick Business School Belgium 32 $97,296
University of Bath School of Management UK 34 $94,397
Eada Business School Barcelona Spain 30 $93,585
Leeds University Business School UK 37 $92,517
Copenhagen Business School Denmark 35 $91,147
University of Strathclyde Business School UK 37 $90,466
Audencia Business School France 40 $88,901
Tias School, Tilburg University The Netherlands 39 $88,567
Birmingham Business School UK 36 $87,442
Nyenrode Business Universiteit The Netherlands 32 $80,072
Politecnico di Milano School of Management Italy 41 $79,808

PS It will be worth updating this list when the 2020 European ranking comes out at the end of the year.
Larry

Thanks, Duncan, this list is very interesting!

EDHEC did make its way into the Global MBA Ranking this year.

We also see a lot of the schools that have left the main ranking in recent years, like Bath, Copenhagen and Strathclyde, which isn't too surprising.

Thanks, Duncan, this list is very interesting!

EDHEC did make its way into the Global MBA Ranking this year.

We also see a lot of the schools that have left the main ranking in recent years, like Bath, Copenhagen and Strathclyde, which isn't too surprising.
Rayaan100

I am considering Leeds and Bath. Which one is better for an Indian citizen who already has experience in the UK?

I am considering Leeds and Bath. Which one is better for an Indian citizen who already has experience in the UK?
Duncan

It's hard to think that either of these are the best options available. Bath has had higher employment and international mobility: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-ranking-2018

It's hard to think that either of these are the best options available. Bath has had higher employment and international mobility: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-ranking-2018
John Snow

I got an offer from both Bath and Strath. Both have given me the same amount of scholarships too. From an Indian perspective, which one would you recommend? Ps. I have 5.5 years of work experience in mostly banking and investment banking and have pretty strong extracurriculars. I need to make a decision soon.

[quote]It's hard to think that either of these are the best options available. Bath has had higher employment and international mobility: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-ranking-2018 [/quote]

I got an offer from both Bath and Strath. Both have given me the same amount of scholarships too. From an Indian perspective, which one would you recommend? Ps. I have 5.5 years of work experience in mostly banking and investment banking and have pretty strong extracurriculars. I need to make a decision soon.
Duncan

What does "From an Indian perspective" mean? Which of the FT ranking criteria are most relevant to your goals, for example? What do the values ofr those schools suggest to you?

What does "From an Indian perspective" mean? Which of the FT ranking criteria are most relevant to your goals, for example? What do the values ofr those schools suggest to you?
John Snow

For me the. most important factor is the career services support during/post MBA. Also would the Value of an MBA brand name in the future. Can you please advice.

[quote]What does "From an Indian perspective" mean? Which of the FT ranking criteria are most relevant to your goals, for example? What do the values ofr those schools suggest to you? [/quote]

For me the. most important factor is the career services support during/post MBA. Also would the Value of an MBA brand name in the future. Can you please advice.
Duncan

I think salary is a strong proxy for careers support and brand value.

I think salary is a strong proxy for careers support and brand value.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Nice, France 28 Followers 131 Discussions
Gent, Belgium 13 Followers 88 Discussions
Bath, United Kingdom 15 Followers 158 Discussions
Leeds, United Kingdom 15 Followers 141 Discussions
Frederiksberg, Denmark 54 Followers 71 Discussions
Glasgow, United Kingdom 44 Followers 377 Discussions
Nantes, France 11 Followers 44 Discussions
Full Profile
Tilburg, Netherlands 18 Followers 72 Discussions
Birmingham, United Kingdom 29 Followers 228 Discussions
Amsterdam, Netherlands 20 Followers 30 Discussions
Milan, Italy 18 Followers 74 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 14, 2019

Access MBA to Hold Info Events in Canada in November

News Oct 14, 2019

Rankings: What They Can and Can't Tell You About a Business School

Article Aug 15, 2010

MBA rankings aren't everything, but they can be a useful tool if you know what they measure and what their limitations are