Online PhD/DBA

Duncan
EBS is 48th out of 101 UK business schools, so not quite in the top third: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/sites/default/files/Attachments/2014/12/17/x/o/z/sub-14-01.pdf If someone wanted to work in academia, they would be very strongly advised to look for a school with AACSB accreditation, if only because so many career paths lead through those schools and they tend to not hire from unaccredited schools.
EBS is 48th out of 101 UK business schools, so not quite in the top third: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/sites/default/files/Attachments/2014/12/17/x/o/z/sub-14-01.pdf If someone wanted to work in academia, they would be very strongly advised to look for a school with AACSB accreditation, if only because so many career paths lead through those schools and they tend to not hire from unaccredited schools.
George Pat...
Since we are talking about PhD, I was referring specifically to the university research ranking (REF2014), not the business school ranking which, in addition to reasearch, depends also on the non-reasearch degrees like MBA and MSc

Anyway, those that do want a distance learning PhD have only few options that worth mentioning (Leicester, Heriot Watt, Iceland, and Exeter (1 meet / month, if that counts as distance learning)). Maybe I am missing/forgetting a couple, but limited options indeed.
And it is probably people that already have teaching experience? (otherwise they should choose traditional PhD with TA opportunities).
Since we are talking about PhD, I was referring specifically to the university research ranking (REF2014), not the business school ranking which, in addition to reasearch, depends also on the non-reasearch degrees like MBA and MSc

Anyway, those that do want a distance learning PhD have only few options that worth mentioning (Leicester, Heriot Watt, Iceland, and Exeter (1 meet / month, if that counts as distance learning)). Maybe I am missing/forgetting a couple, but limited options indeed.
And it is probably people that already have teaching experience? (otherwise they should choose traditional PhD with TA opportunities).
Duncan
Try clicking on my link, which it to the REF for business and management. I assume you are thinking about some other REF ranking.

I don't think it's the case that people who use DL doctorates mostly have teaching experience. That is certainly not the case with students in professional doctorates. I thinl they simply prefer to not attend local universities.
Try clicking on my link, which it to the REF for business and management. I assume you are thinking about some other REF ranking.

I don't think it's the case that people who use DL doctorates mostly have teaching experience. That is certainly not the case with students in professional doctorates. I thinl they simply prefer to not attend local universities.
George Pat...
fair enough my bad about the ranking, 48th in UK is still better than most of the planet though.
and higher than Leicester(54th). That makes HW, likely, in the top3 options for DL PhD, for those that want distance learning
fair enough my bad about the ranking, 48th in UK is still better than most of the planet though.
and higher than Leicester(54th). That makes HW, likely, in the top3 options for DL PhD, for those that want distance learning

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Los Angeles, California 90 Followers 115 Discussions
Amsterdam, Netherlands 19 Followers 29 Discussions
Atlanta, Georgia 18 Followers 30 Discussions
Durham, United Kingdom 49 Followers 355 Discussions
Full Profile
Ecully, France 47 Followers 123 Discussions
Grenoble Cedex 01, France 25 Followers 109 Discussions
Zug, Switzerland 8 Followers 4 Discussions
Paris, France 6 Followers 1 Discussion
Full Profile
Tilburg, Netherlands 17 Followers 72 Discussions
Rotterdam, Netherlands 69 Followers 202 Discussions
Düsseldorf, Germany 66 Followers 168 Discussions
Leipzig, Germany 57 Followers 171 Discussions
Stanford, California 77 Followers 164 Discussions
New Haven, Connecticut 36 Followers 59 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 52 Followers 351 Discussions
New York City, New York 146 Followers 238 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 98 Followers 340 Discussions
Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 83 Followers 336 Discussions
Bedford, United Kingdom 39 Followers 321 Discussions
Oxford, United Kingdom 55 Followers 237 Discussions
Guangzhou, China 7 Followers 8 Discussions

Related Articles

Inside Online MBA Programs

Oct 18, 2017

With the advance of technology, Online MBAs are gaining popularity amongst professionals needing the flexibility of a blended or distance-learning program.

Managing and Marketing the Future with an MBA

Oct 05, 2016

MBA programs in biotechnology are generating more and more interest, as those in the scientific fields want to build out their business skills

More Articles