Online MBA Choice from UK and Australia

eswanagen
Can you please tell me which of these should I choose for my online MBA?

a. University of London Global MBA
b. Edinburgh Business School
c. Australian Institute of Business

I do care for accreditation but I have a budget I needed to work with. Plus, while a career abroad entices me (I'm from the Philippines), it's not a priority. After MBA, I am deliberating if I wanted to be a consultant or have a senior finance managerial role.

If I have the budget, the program I really loved is UNSW's MBAX. Thanks for any help!
Can you please tell me which of these should I choose for my online MBA?

a. University of London Global MBA
b. Edinburgh Business School
c. Australian Institute of Business

I do care for accreditation but I have a budget I needed to work with. Plus, while a career abroad entices me (I'm from the Philippines), it's not a priority. After MBA, I am deliberating if I wanted to be a consultant or have a senior finance managerial role.

If I have the budget, the program I really loved is UNSW's MBAX. Thanks for any help!
Duncan
I'd pick the University of London: Queen Mary has a strong business school and that excellent "Russell Group" status. The £8,730 price for Band A is unbeatable. The Heriot-Watt MBA is very weak, quite outdated, and I think you can dismiss that. The AiB is not well known or well respected.
I'd pick the University of London: Queen Mary has a strong business school and that excellent "Russell Group" status. The £8,730 price for Band A is unbeatable. The Heriot-Watt MBA is very weak, quite outdated, and I think you can dismiss that. The AiB is not well known or well respected.
George Pat...
mbax has a very generous APL. You can transfer up to 50% of the credits from a cheaper program. that would make it a lot cheaper. (i.e. take half the courses at UoL and transfer them to MBAx and then take the other half at UNSW)

instructions here: https://www.business.unsw.edu.au/AGSM-Site/Documents/AGSM_RPL_Protocol-and-procedure.pdf

but before you take cheaper courses hoping to transfer them to mbax, make sure to contact UNSW and make clear how and what courses etc. There are probably many courses that they simply won't accept, and many universities they won't accept

But since you can potentially save a lot, maybe check it out
mbax has a very generous APL. You can transfer up to 50% of the credits from a cheaper program. that would make it a lot cheaper. (i.e. take half the courses at UoL and transfer them to MBAx and then take the other half at UNSW)

instructions here: https://www.business.unsw.edu.au/AGSM-Site/Documents/AGSM_RPL_Protocol-and-procedure.pdf

but before you take cheaper courses hoping to transfer them to mbax, make sure to contact UNSW and make clear how and what courses etc. There are probably many courses that they simply won't accept, and many universities they won't accept

eswanagen

Thanks Duncan! I know the UoL is accredited by CIMA and CMI. Does that at least account for something?
[quote]I'd pick the University of London: Queen Mary has a strong business school and that excellent "Russell Group" status. The £8,730 price for Band A is unbeatable. The Heriot-Watt MBA is very weak, quite outdated, and I think you can dismiss that. The AiB is not well known or well respected.[/quote]

Thanks Duncan! I know the UoL is accredited by CIMA and CMI. Does that at least account for something?
eswanagen

Wow. This is a good plan! Since most MBAs have core courses, maybe I can leverage on that. Thanks!!
[quote]mbax has a very generous APL. You can transfer up to 50% of the credits from a cheaper program. that would make it a lot cheaper. (i.e. take half the courses at UoL and transfer them to MBAx and then take the other half at UNSW)

[/quote]

Wow. This is a good plan! Since most MBAs have core courses, maybe I can leverage on that. Thanks!!

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

London, United Kingdom 2 Followers 19 Discussions
Edinburgh, United Kingdom 17 Followers 184 Discussions
Adelaide, Australia 6 Followers 5 Discussions

Related Articles

5 Questions for an Online MBA Graduate—Claire Osborn

By B. Xu on Oct 31, 2017

Inside Online MBA Programs

By B. Xu on Oct 18, 2017

More Articles