edX and Boston University online MBA new

George Pat...
edX announced online MBA with Boston University - Questrom, at a very tempting price of $24000

link : https://www.edx.org/masters/online-master-business-administration-mba-bux

I think this competes with illinois in price and rankings. Gmat not required

We had some talks and speculations about it in the past, turns out it is BU
edX announced online MBA with Boston University - Questrom, at a very tempting price of $24000

link : https://www.edx.org/masters/online-master-business-administration-mba-bux

I think this competes with illinois in price and rankings. Gmat not required

We had some talks and speculations about it in the past, turns out it is BU
Rhen Rao
Interesting. It definitely competes with Illinois and MGSM in terms of price and rankings. However, the curriculum seems a little light though - doesn't it? 45 credits only and doesn't cover any of the fundamentals such as accounting, finance, economics, etc even a little bit. However, we haven't seen the full details yet so I might be wrong. On second thought, I think it competes more academically with MGSM Global MBA as it "seems" to focus a lot of soft skills and the integrated nature of the subjects.

[Edited by Rhen Rao on Jul 24, 2019]

Interesting. It definitely competes with Illinois and MGSM in terms of price and rankings. However, the curriculum seems a little light though - doesn't it? 45 credits only and doesn't cover any of the fundamentals such as accounting, finance, economics, etc even a little bit. However, we haven't seen the full details yet so I might be wrong. On second thought, I think it competes more academically with MGSM Global MBA as it "seems" to focus a lot of soft skills and the integrated nature of the subjects.
Duncan
Indeed, a very light curriculum, but that way BU gets to the $533 per credit price, and that will perhaps rise, Illinois was planned to start at $250 but is now around $300. Either way, Illinois is better for people who really need the education or who don't have a BBA.
Indeed, a very light curriculum, but that way BU gets to the $533 per credit price, and that will perhaps rise, Illinois was planned to start at $250 but is now around $300. Either way, Illinois is better for people who really need the education or who don't have a BBA.
George Pat...
Hmmm there is an article here on find-mba about the trend of many schools to focus more and more on soft skills. Perhaps BU knows something.

Note: 45 US credits is 90 ECTS or 180 UK credits, which is pretty much the default.
Hmmm there is an article here on find-mba about the trend of many schools to focus more and more on soft skills. Perhaps BU knows something.

Note: 45 US credits is 90 ECTS or 180 UK credits, which is pretty much the default.
Duncan
In the US a masters degree is typically 60 credits.
In the US a masters degree is typically 60 credits.
Rhen Rao
The Illinois rose in the for-credit price but they now subsidize (beginning last week) the full cost of the Coursera verification fees. In essence, the end product price hasn't increased for students yet.
The Illinois rose in the for-credit price but they now subsidize (beginning last week) the full cost of the Coursera verification fees. In essence, the end product price hasn't increased for students yet.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Boston, Massachusetts 135 Followers 86 Discussions

Related Articles

Inside Online MBA Programs

Oct 18, 2017

With the advance of technology, Online MBAs are gaining popularity amongst professionals needing the flexibility of a blended or distance-learning program.

More Articles

Related Top 10 Lists

More Top 10 Lists