EBS vs Bradford vs Birmingham

Karampro
Hi everyone,

Appreciate your advice:

Background: I'm 32 with 7 yrars experience in IT (solution architect) from Egypt

Purpose: distance learning MBA to promote my skills and get better managerial positions in Egypt, also getting the ability to locate a job in case of immigration.. or even to start private business.

Question:
Which would be the best option for distance learning MBA fully accredited from the below options, considering the quality and also the relativity of the program to my purpose (in case of entrepreneurship program is available this would be great option but I'm not sure it's available in the schools I've searched for).

1- Edinburgh Business School - Heriot Watt
2- University of Bradford
3- University of Birmingham
Hi everyone,

Appreciate your advice:

Background: I'm 32 with 7 yrars experience in IT (solution architect) from Egypt

Purpose: distance learning MBA to promote my skills and get better managerial positions in Egypt, also getting the ability to locate a job in case of immigration.. or even to start private business.

Question:
Which would be the best option for distance learning MBA fully accredited from the below options, considering the quality and also the relativity of the program to my purpose (in case of entrepreneurship program is available this would be great option but I'm not sure it's available in the schools I've searched for).

1- Edinburgh Business School - Heriot Watt
2- University of Bradford
3- University of Birmingham
Duncan
EBS doesn't have any of the three respected international accreditations, so I would exclude that.

Bradford and Birmingham are strong schools with stable, well-designed MBAs. But why not consider other MBAs?
EBS doesn't have any of the three respected international accreditations, so I would exclude that.

Bradford and Birmingham are strong schools with stable, well-designed MBAs. But why not consider other MBAs?
Duncan
Bradford is very strong for the circular economy and any business with a Sustainability angle. Birmingham has a major research element, one third of the degree, and that could be related to entrepreneurship. Both Bradford and Birmingham also have an elective in entrepreneurship. Personally, I think I would pick Bradford because it's an older programme, with a wider range of electives and a bigger MBA network in the Middle East.

[Edited by Duncan on Jun 09, 2019]

Bradford is very strong for the circular economy and any business with a Sustainability angle. Birmingham has a major research element, one third of the degree, and that could be related to entrepreneurship. Both Bradford and Birmingham also have an elective in entrepreneurship. Personally, I think I would pick Bradford because it's an older programme, with a wider range of electives and a bigger MBA network in the Middle East.
Karampro

Thanks for your reply Duncan:
- for EBS Heriot Watt is mentioned as accredited college from AACSB since 2017, see the link:

https://www.ebsglobal.net/about-us/accreditation

what are the other options do you advise considering online, accredited, best for IT, and within same cost as the previous mentioned options?
[quote]EBS doesn't have any of the three respected international accreditations, so I would exclude that.

Bradford and Birmingham are strong schools with stable, well-designed MBAs. But why not consider other MBAs? [/quote]

Thanks for your reply Duncan:
- for EBS Heriot Watt is mentioned as accredited college from AACSB since 2017, see the link:

https://www.ebsglobal.net/about-us/accreditation

what are the other options do you advise considering online, accredited, best for IT, and within same cost as the previous mentioned options?
Duncan
You are mistaken. EBS is misleading you by listing AACBS membership under an 'Accredition' heading. Membership is not the same as accreditation. Most AACSB members do not have accreditation.
You are mistaken. EBS is misleading you by listing AACBS membership under an 'Accredition' heading. Membership is not the same as accreditation. Most AACSB members do not have accreditation.
Duncan
What do you by 'best for IT'? You won't learn much about IT from an general management MBA.
What do you by 'best for IT'? You won't learn much about IT from an general management MBA.
Karampro

Yes i don't expect to learn about IT from MBA, but i meant to mention my background (so I'm not looking for MBA with HR specialization for example).

So Birmingham or Bradford are the best options? What do you think?

Sorry for asking many times but it's not easy decision with such investment in time and money you know

[Edited by Karampro on Jun 10, 2019]

[quote]What do you by 'best for IT'? You won't learn much about IT from an general management MBA. [/quote]

Yes i don't expect to learn about IT from MBA, but i meant to mention my background (so I'm not looking for MBA with HR specialization for example).

So Birmingham or Bradford are the best options? What do you think?

Sorry for asking many times but it's not easy decision with such investment in time and money you know
Duncan
I don't know enough about you or your goals. Between those two I would pick Bradford for myself in a situation like the one your describe, other things being equal.
I don't know enough about you or your goals. Between those two I would pick Bradford for myself in a situation like the one your describe, other things being equal.
Karampro
Thanks Duncan much appreciated
Thanks Duncan much appreciated
Razors Edg...

That's a very misleading page.
[quote]You are mistaken. EBS is misleading you by listing AACBS membership under an 'Accredition' heading. Membership is not the same as accreditation. Most AACSB members do not have accreditation. [/quote]
Karampro

Yes, really thanks to this forum for clarifying such points
[quote][quote]You are mistaken. EBS is misleading you by listing AACBS membership under an 'Accredition' heading. Membership is not the same as accreditation. Most AACSB members do not have accreditation. [/quote]
That's a very misleading page. [/quote]

Yes, really thanks to this forum for clarifying such points

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Edinburgh, United Kingdom 23 Followers 71 Discussions
Bradford, United Kingdom 37 Followers 347 Discussions
Birmingham, United Kingdom 28 Followers 227 Discussions

Related Articles

Beyond London: MBA Programs in England

Jun 08, 2012

How MBA programs outside the capital can offer global, practical experience

More Articles